• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what turbo does mcx use?

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Was just woundering what turbo does mcx use? Do all there Nytro kits use the same turbo? How much more horse power can be made with there 240 kit with stock internals and race gas? Thanks...

B
Jan 3, 2008
Mitsubishi is what is on mine

T16 TD04 if memory serves me correctly for the 240 kit, they might upgrade to the T19 or have a modified T16 for more ponies. I think the stock nitro internals are good for 240hp, I am not sure if you should go more than that might have some reliability problems but you might just have to run good fuel or get a head shim to make maximum power. I can only speak for my 1ton but i know that they can run 17lbs of boost reliably at 300 hp +. MCX makes good stuff, fits like it is supposed to and works even better. John

Last edited:
Z
Nov 26, 2007
Who makes it? Volvo or Mitsubishi???? And i take its a ball bearing turbo correct? Im thinking of selling my cat turbo and stepping up to the nytro and just trying to find out the ins and outs? thanks..

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Mitsubishi, journal bearing. Some Volvo cars use them.

16T on standard kits
19T on race kits. I think the exhaust side on the 19T is almost the same as the 16T but the compressor is bigger on the 19T. They run different maps for the two different turbos. As well there is a kit that uses the stock fuel pump (240 kit) and a kit that uses aftermarket fuel pump and regulator(270 kit). The kit with the 19T uses different fuel pump, regulator, and fuel map (330 race kit). They have also come out with a 180 kit that uses the 16T turbo but no intercooler (does use one in the tunnel) and no headshim (180 kit).

MCX makes great stuff.

Last edited:
B
Jan 3, 2008
The Mitsubishi turbos are fantastic for reliability

and they cost more than the Garretts, and as far as lag goes, these turbos are no slower to spool than the Garretts.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
they spool no different per size. I think they area really good turbo, dont know about the 16t ones, but the 16g are cheaper then comperable garretts, the angled oulted on the exhaust side of them works really good with the rearmount setup they run, and on a 4 stroke where high engine oil pressure already exists, its not a big deal having a journal bearing compared to a 2 stroke where you need a pump system, and high psi pumps are $$$

Premium Features