• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much involved in adding a Boost Controller to my old turbo?

B
Jan 3, 2008
Hey boys how much is involved in adding a manual boost controller to my RX1 rear mounted MC Express kit? Just looking to add some adjustability to my old rocket. John

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Pretty simple, just have to put inline from the waste gate pot to the compressor housing of the turbo. There is lots of companys out there. I have a turbosmart, lots will say the hallmann is way better. Dont know much about them, aslong as it works. Suppose to mount as possible to the turbo itself. I know some people mount on the handle bars, but the info that comes with them says close as possible.

B
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks Red

Are they sold as a kit? I would like to be able to dial her in easier than the old allen wrench on the wastegate. John

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Its very easy to use, just turn the idiot knob up & down. Thats whay I call it on my sled, lol. The more its turned up, seems like dumber I get. They have arrows on them telling you which way to go. Alot easier than adjusting the rod length.

Premium Features