• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hot-rod flatz

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
would urethane paint be like latex? wats the plus of urethane paint over regular paint. l love the look, gives me some good ideas for next year

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
Latex is house paint. Urethane is a catalyzed paint that is the same as OEM. You could use krylon spray can satin black to get the same look but the first time you got a splash of gasoline on it, it would be junk. The urethane paint won't wash off with gas.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
I think your right that they are sledkicks. I gottem from my local sled shop, Cycle Barn in Arlington Washington. They aren't quite as aggressive as the spring style scratchers but they work. I broke several of the spring style scratchers so I had to try these. So far after running them for all of last season, they are still holding up.

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Looks great. What did you do for surface preparation? Did you scuff the old paint? Did you add a flex agent to the paint?

Thanks!

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
400 grit scuff and clean. No flex agent. I should have put a little fish eye reducer in it. I did have a spot on the hood that apparently didn't get as clean as it should have and shows a little fish eye.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
Very nice!

I like that look too.

I always figured an all black sled would show up best in an all white environment and might make it easier to find me in an avalanche.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
quit posting pics of that sled!! Kicking my butt for not driving down and picking it up.lol looks great. hope you get some good snow to run her now.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
quit posting pics of that sled!! Kicking my butt for not driving down and picking it up.lol looks great. hope you get some good snow to run her now.

Hey buddy, As much as I would've liked to see it go to a good home to the North, I'm glad I've still got it. I went to Mt Baker on the 26th and had a great ride. I just did the RB3 project update today. It's supposed to give it a little more top end without increasing boost. I should be able to try it out in a couple days.

Premium Features