• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powderlites stage 3 maps

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I just pickd up my 09 Nytro. The dealer had a new mapping system for the stage 3 kit. I am pretty excited to try it out tomorow. Anyone else have it?

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
Have you called Dave I know there are a bunch of updates that I had done to mine But I have not replaced injectors The sled Allready is Scary fast on 14 lb.

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I find that when I chop the throttle then get right back into it it doesn't bog out anymore. I have discovered an oil leak but i dont know where it is coming from. anyone else having oil leakage issues. I have also foend that my charge tube is rubbing and wearing on the bulkhead.

deepbreather

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2008
oil leak

Where is the oil at? in the front under the intercooler? under the tunnel? under the oil filter?? where abouts?

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
The Oil is under the oil can, pooling up in the belly pan. after cleaning it today i think it might be coming out of the breather. Anyone had any isues with the charge tube rubbing on the bulkhead?

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
The Oil is under the oil can, pooling up in the belly pan. after cleaning it today i think it might be coming out of the breather. Anyone had any isues with the charge tube rubbing on the bulkhead?

Try and realign your charge tube,, the silicone couplers can take some misalignment but if its still rubbing put some rubber gasket material like garlock betweeen charge tube and bulkhead.. I zip tied some material around any area where there could be contact.. Before this season I did some realigning of tubes and got rid of some pipe strain etc..

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I ran stg 3 mapping and injectors etc this weekend was also tweaked abit from a buddy, some more timing and fuel on bottom.. Ran strong all weeknd seemed alittle rich when in lower boost but above 15 lbs its ran alot cleaner..

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
Ya thats a good idea with wrapping the tube with something. I have some extra silicone tubing i'll try that. This week we are going to tweak the stage 3 map a bit. It runs lean between 3000 and 3600 0 throttle position.

Jul 22, 2008
I find that when I chop the throttle then get right back into it it doesn't bog out anymore. I have discovered an oil leak but i dont know where it is coming from. anyone else having oil leakage issues. I have also foend that my charge tube is rubbing and wearing on the bulkhead.

is your oil tank leaking by chance around the big fitting on the bottom? seen a couple nytros like this, a real pain to weld up the dirty aluminum!

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Stage 3 maps

What map are you running?? Last years original stage three map seemed really rich up to 15psi (10.5-10.8AFR, on my sled). I took over 15 points of fuel out in order to get it to run clean (I only run 10-15psi, leveled at 12.2AFR).. Anyone else notice this? Sure like the RB3 for tuning! Sean

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I have the newest version of the map. Updated first week in December. I think Dave did some testing early this season. I also find My sled runs rich. 10/1 on my gauge. I am also only running 10 lbs of boost

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Glad I'm not alone on the rich side.. Took many runs to dial in on the lake. I can send you my map if your interested, but I'm no Engine/Turbo expert so use it with caution. I changed the loading columns to max out at 17psi as I will never run more then that. Made it simplier for me to tune. Sean

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
Ive updated my map with the dec 9 map and it worked excellent. A few issues with idleing but that may be related to the regulator, it was always needing constant adjustment. Otherwise the newest map is awsome. Thanks Dave.

Premium Features