• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom 975

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Update...

Well its all starting to come together....

The man doing my powder coating is starting the sandblasting soon. Going with a white and Green or white and Orange Combo. Tom at Carl's Cycle called me yesterday. Engine is done and ready to ship! Can't wait to get this thing back and start assembling everything. Once everything is finished and arrived I can start putting everything together on my time off from college. When it is all finished and assembled im going to paint all my plastic white and take it down to ArcticFx and get their Ideas on a custom wrap just for this sled. Here is a run down on what's happening to the sled...

06 900 RMK 151"

Carl's 975 Big Bore Kit
SLP Push Arm
SLP Torque Stop
Radiator Removed
151" Ice Age Rails
9" Ice Age Rear Wheels
2 Wheel Axle Kit
Holz Alpha Skid (not the Alpha X)
Fox Zero Pro's in the rear
Fox Evolv X in the front
09 Front end with Cobe front Bumper. (Thanks Curt!)
19/42 Gearing
V Force 3 Reeds
Boondockers EFI Controler
Boondockers N2O kit
SLP Single Pipe
White SLP Powder Pro's
Fly 5" Risers
Compfusion Engine Mounts
Fn'I Intake (Thanks Paul!)
Fn'I Headlight delete kit Vent
Fn'I Shock Tower Vents
Fn'I Dash Vent
SPG 2" Riser Bar
SPG Seat Support
Fly Billet Kill Switch
RSI Bar Hooks
RSI Bar Heaters
RSI Grips
Better Boards (Thanks Rob!)
FBF Cable
Avid Chain Case Cover
Avid Drivers
Billet Pull Handle
Inovate A/F Gauge

Parts im waiting on still...

MBRP Can
SLP y-pipe
Clutch balance
TPS harness update
Rear Rack
Tail Light
In Tank Fuel Gauge
09 Coolant bottle
Dash mounted switches from 09
Bar Snake
Gold Finger

I'll keep this thread updated once engine arrives and the powder coating gets finished. Let me know what ya think.

-Nolan

Last edited:
S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Sound's like it's going to be pretty trick, cant wait to see it.:beer;:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Keep us posted.. this thing should rip...

You will probably have to use 100% race gas for the MI altitudes especially with the nos addition ... did they say anything about that? (probaby 75% at altitude with the nos)

For the side panels...Talk to Arctic FX first, IMO... dont paint these as the paint will come off in use.

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Thanks MH,

Yea I will most likely have to run %100 race fuel. They said if I know im not going to run the NOS on a trip than I can get by with 50/50. I'll have to check for detonation once I get everything up and running.

With the painting....

Do you think its just the side panels I should stay away from painting or the entire plastic? I would love to paint my console/fender/hood/rear plastic. Black console and black fenders are not going to look well with my powder coating. I don't plan on putting the Arctic FX wrap on the side panels because its going to be mostly vents. I'll talk to arcticFX about the rest of the painting first for sure!

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
WOW! That thing will be pretty sweet when its all done! I cant wait to see some pics of it! I wish i had the money to do half of all that! lol.:D

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
if u really want to color the panels u could try a die that they use to do dash pads
or paint it with the flex additive they use to paint bumpers

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Powder coating should be finishing up this week. I'll get pics when it is.

I won't be home to cut out my tunnel for the Better Boards so its going to have to be done after the tunnel is powder coated. Is this going to cause a big problem in with my powdering coating cracking and spidering throughout the entire tunnel?

Engine's still somewhere in the mail still... :(

-Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Nolan..

powdercoat will not crack, or spider..it will just scratch or chip...

i would tape off everything around the running boards..including the side of the tunnel there..(with blue painters tape), i layed the boards on the foot well and outlined it with a sharpie..then drilled starter holes with a drill, then went to town on it with a saws all..just be very careful and your golden..

i used black rivots so you cant see them stand out..(get off ebay if your local shops dont sell them)

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Powder coating is finished! Did some minor assembly last night. Hope to have steering/front/rear suspension all mounted by tomorrow.I was up til 3 am working on that thing. Took alot of pictures so I will try to get them up tonight....

-Nolan

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Here are some pics.... Let me know what you think.

102_1600.jpg

102_1603.jpg

102_1602.jpg

102_1601.jpg

102_1604.jpg

102_1605.jpg

102_1609.jpg

102_1612.jpg

102_1611.jpg

102_1613.jpg

102_1610.jpg

102_1614.jpg

102_1615.jpg

And here is how far I got after day 1. Put the skid in just for the purpose of the pic.

-Nolan

Last edited:
Premium Features