• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to drop some $$$ getting 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Is the HTG a pump gas set-up? Before I turboed my 900 I ran a Carls 975 that was a 50/50 mix. You wont be disappointed they pull like a dump truck.:beer;:beer;

I was talking to Bigdawg about this very thing the other day, lol... if I ever have any problems with my 900, I know what I'm gonna be doing:D

I just talked to hot to go racing yesterday. they sell a 975 pump gas kit for our 900. Rob said it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get one done if you send in now. 1695 plus shipping and he recommends a boondocker box to go with it because he has changed the porting since his ecu's were made and he can't get polaris to make a new reflash for it.

he said 185 hp with the box to add more fuel or around 180 with just his ecu.

as always if you run race gas you are a little better off but he says 91 pump is fine.

http://www.htgracing.com/contactus.php

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
FYI

I talked to rob again at hot to go and he says the 05 2 injector motors made more hp than the 06 4 injector engines.

i was going to build up an 06 cause i thought it would be better. but now i am going to stick with the 05 version.

just thought i would let you guys know.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
FYI

I talked to rob again at hot to go and he says the 05 2 injector motors made more hp than the 06 4 injector engines.

i was going to build up an 06 cause i thought it would be better. but now i am going to stick with the 05 version.

just thought i would let you guys know.

Dang, your making this sound better and better all the time... I can hardly wait till next summer now, hahahahaha:eek::D

For now buying my 900 and fixing it up to the tune of $1600 in OEM and aftermarket parts, my budget is SHOT:eek::(:(

Last edited:
E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Anybody have a link to EBB's 975? Just to clear up the confusion I talked to carls a while back while we were discussing my 975 and they said they will no longer make the 975 or the 1140. Maybe if you do some heavy convincing you can squeeze one out of em though.

Sean- No you don't need an 1140! If you had that how am I every going to beat you! All this one uping each other is taking a tole on my wallet! Which reminds me of my last one-up.....HAYDAYS!!! lol

Bigdog,

Can't wait for you to get this thing going and on the snow! Do you think you will have it done by time snow falls?
What exhaust are you going to be running with this? What gauges are you planing on using?

x2 about getting your stator rebuilt v.s. getting it replaced. I think you would be happier if they just rewound it.

-Nolan

Nolan,

My 975 was built by Carles. It rocks!

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I have a Carl's Cycle 975 in an 05 that I have been very happy with.

However I am tired of mixing race gas and since my trailer was stolen and not replace i have no viable option to haul race gas. So I am looking to buy a set of RK Tek heads at a lower compression compared to the Carl's set up to run pump gas.

I will loose some power but it is a compromise I am willing to live with. I figure going to RK Tek will offset the HP loss a bit.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I found it!!

well just to let you know..

the TMI crank is like $1795 i think..1yr warrenty, new cases, and it has the billet PTO end, with a Polaris clutch..BUT you have the option to rebuild it if you ever have an issue, and you can always upgrad to the TMII/TMIII/TMIV if you ever wanted too..

I also have the htg 975 with the TMIII. What is the TMIV? Who still makes the 1140 kit?

I FOUND THE RMK 900 TMIV crank in from IndyDan..I KNEW HE MADE THEM!!

check this quote from the post.....
I just wanted to point a few things out that is not well knowen about my Billet 900 cranks.

There is one REALLY BIG difference between my crank and Polairs crank other then being much stronger, much smoother and a year warranty.

My crank is completely rebuildable, and once you own one you NEVER have to buy another one.

And you have many option you may not even know.

1 - Even if you have already purchased and own a Torque master II with a OEM sized PTO -end 30mm, Long after your warranty is over you have earned the right to buy PTO-Ends only at whole sale prices ( These Parts are NOT forsale to anyone except Torque Master owners. )
2. You can choose to upgrage to a bigger PTO - end at any time.
3. Best for last - There is a Newly designed Torque Master PRO-IV soon to be released. with a 5 year warranty on the PTO-END.
4 . The good news is, ALL 900 Torque Master II's & III's sold to date can be converted to the Torque Master PRO-IV 35mm PTO -anytime in the future should you deside you want to upgrade.
5. Prices on upgrade parts can not be posted do to the fact, That only Torque Master owners qualify for them.

The 35 MM TORQUE MASTER PRO-IV is an absolute MONSTER !!!!

PICTURES AND PRICES SOON TO BE RELEASED.

ALL 35 MM PARTS ARE COMPLETED. WE ARE ONLY OFFERNG 10 OF THESE THIS YEAR.

This crank was not designed to 35mm because I think it was needed,
The 33 MM Torque Master III is Awesome. !!

It was designed because Arctic Cat builds a GREAT 35mm Drive Clutch for their ZR 1000 that is on the market and the Drive clutches are easy to buy.

Reason to Build..........- Just Because I wanted to, And the 900 Polaris Motor is one of the most power production motors of its size ever built.

Thanks, Dan

link to thread
http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89103

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Well i got my motor pulled today only took an hour and a half. i was taking it easy. will get some pics up in a few days.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
update: got the new cases in yesterday so i got everything packed up and sent out to htg today.

the new crank and misc. pieces will be here on the 29th so hopefully i can have my kit back in 3-4 weeks :D:D :present:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
yee haa more parts showed up on my door step today :D my crank and clutch kit arrived so now hopefully in 4 weeks i get my bigbore kit back. :D

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
update

Just talked to rob at htg and things are coming along, cylinders are out for nicasil so i should have it back in a week and a half to 2 weeks.

i am starting to drool :beer;:beer;:D

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Update, talked to rob this morning and he is still waiting for my cylinders to get back :( didn't know how long it would be. he has 30 pairs of cylinders out and is expecting them any day. oh well i don't have any snow anyhow.

just can't wait to get the beast put back together :D

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
yeeee haaaaa

yeee haaa hot to go called to day and my 975 kit will ship on monday.

so looks like i should have some work to do next weekend :D:D:D:D:beer;:beer;

Premium Features