• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blinking Temp Light-'04 1M900???

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
3 tenths of a mile from the trailer, light comes on and engine starts to bog, can't get more than 1/4 throttle out of her. It feels like it is in a EFI fail safe mode situation now.

It was warm but my rear heat exchangers had not even warmed up yet, i could touch the side of the cylinder with my bare hands and it had coolant. At first i thought it was a stuck thermostat but eventually the HE warmed up.

Has my idiot gauged failed me? R/R?

First time in almost 5 seasons this sled has ever failed me. Better now than on a 3 foot powder day.

Feedback welcome.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
That is a code telling you something. Count how many times it flashes. Then you should have a sticker on the side of your air box that tells you what it means. The sled goes into limp mode when it thinks something is wrong. When is the last time you cleaned your power valves and adjusted the cables? Thats where I would start looking If you cant get it to do it again in the garage.

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
tks

i cleaned the valves over the summer, i wonder if i put them in upside down?

there were no problems loading going out but maybe i didnt run it long enough...

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
eureka...

i think when i cleaned the valves, i over rotated the servo motor. i took the cover off and it was in the wrong position. when i turned it back, the light when off.

i was a lazy a$$ this summer and didnt take the cables off all the way and just cleaned them on the pipe. i must have pulled it too far around.

ye ha, gonna snow today too!!

Premium Features