• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski mounting and wearbar question

J
Feb 3, 2010
ski questions. have a 96 Indy 500 RMK. added some plastic skis with dual carbides a few years back. noticed my sled was not turning well and plowing a lot more than my wife's with stock skis and wear bars so I tipped my sled over to inspect the wear bars and they were all plugged up with ice. don't know if this is a common design problem and why there do not seem to be many ski options with double wear bars out there now. also, I notice the ski has a wider flange one side vs. the other and wonder if I installed on the wrong side way back when. can anyone tell me if the wider flange should be outboard or towards the inside. thanks for the feed back and help with my dumb question. Jim

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Those are the Polaris Sidehiller II skis used on the Edge chassis.

Not all snow conditions will cause the ice to build up on the wear bars. Typically the winged edge goes to the inside of the sled which helps for flotation when running flat but allows the ski to roll up on edge when sidehilling.

Premium Features