• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worth the upgrade from a 2016

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
What about the ease of ride compared to Summit or does it still have a mind of it's own on occasion and goes where it wants?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
What about the ease of ride compared to Summit or does it still have a mind of it's own on occasion and goes where it wants?

I spent last season on a doo 850. There isn’t a sled out there that has a mind of its own more than that one. It’s better than the XM/XP for sure, but still not as good a chassis as the new cat or polaris.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I spent last season on a doo 850. There isn’t a sled out there that has a mind of its own more than that one. It’s better than the XM/XP for sure, but still not as good a chassis as the new cat or polaris.

It still blows me away that they continue to make those weird handling/steering sleds and people who just ride skidoos just have no idea.

BB: you're going to have to describe 'mind of it's own' with the cat. That's the most stable composed handling sled out there right now. Like rk said, the skis get bounced around a little because they're a bit too stiff but that's something you can tell pretty easily. They still are nowhere near as twitchy as an axys cutting across a bunch of hardened trenches.

Premium Features