• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump bleeding?

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Prime Pump

We used to take race sleds home before PDI and assemble. We used a coat hanger cut to length, hook on one end. Hook the oil pump arm and full pull till you see no air bubbles in the lines. Some times took a couple of run sessions as it will smoke up the shop BAD. I would pull it full open for a couple of minutes Minimum. You may want to premix a couple of gallons to be safe too! imop cant hurt to be to rich on oil than lean.

F
Jan 25, 2011
Ok so couple of pulls with the key OFF and the hanger untill no bubbles and after that, start it WITH the hanger still hooked and wait couples of minutes... or when my neighbors calls the firefighters :face-icon-small-ton.

Thank's a lot!

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
I would still consider the pre mix of the fuel in tank for Safety sake. You don't want to run it without to long. I may take a few dozen pulls with the key off to get enough to get rid of the bubbles and you still may not have any to the intake area yet.

Premium Features