• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has replaced all bearings in Diamond Drive?

S
I've been trying to find a post anywhere about how to replace all the bearings in a Diamond Drive. I have the 09 HCR. In 2011, I replaced the trouble bearing with the double row. Every year I open the case and inspect, clean out, and reassemble. This year it's opened up on my workbench and the all the bearings seem smooth. I have the BD bearing replacement kit but I'm wondering if there is a need to try and risk beating up my DD in an attempt to replace bearings that don't need to be replaced. I may just replace the double row bearing as that seems to be the one folks replace the most.

Thoughts?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
if they all feel smooth re assemble and fill with you choice of oil and run it. i keep one of the kits on hand just in case you need a bearing when one go's bad. most of the time when you get them up to high miles the planetary will get rough on one of the gear bearing so check them for excess play. you can replace in for about 120.00 from bdx.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Ya, if they feel fine id run them. I have replaced them all before though, its not to bad of a job other than the bearings that are pressed on the gears. If you don't have a proper separator/puller they can be a bit of a hooker to get off.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If they feel fine at my annual inspection I run them too. All the ones in my M7 were shot at 2500 miles with annual oil changes/inspections. If you're around that mark you may want to pull it apart and check.

M
Oct 20, 2013
DD bearings replacement

I have replaced all of them, you need a press. If they feel smooth run them!
I replaced the bearings at over 10,000 miles as I installed lower gear ratio.

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
I've been trying to find a post anywhere about how to replace all the bearings in a Diamond Drive. In 2011, I replaced the trouble bearing with the double row.
Every year I open the case and inspect, clean out, and reassemble. This year it's opened up on my workbench and the all the bearings seem smooth.
I have the BD bearing replacement kit but I'm wondering if there is a need to try and risk beating up my DD in an attempt to replace bearings that don't need to be replaced. I may just replace the double row bearing as that seems to be the one folks replace the most.
Since you have a BDX-kit....
please look what bearings #'s there is in it ?
I want to put SKF bearings in my DD but I need the numbers on every bearing.
:help:

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
DD Bearing Numbers

This is the most info I've read on other DD bearing numbers, taken from a 2009 4 stroke DD forum report. Never tried to verify this data. If you figure it out, please share!

Input shaft bearing (item 30 from Gearbox attachment), Peer 30BG5222US angular contact ball bearing, no SKF replacement.

Output shaft bearing (item 17 from Gearbox attachment) Peer 50BG07S1C angular contact ball bearing, no SKF replacement.

Input shaft (item 27 from Gearbox pic), bearing (item 26 from Gearbox pic) SKF 16005. Transfer gear (item 25 from Gearbox pic), bearing SKF 16005 (item 26 from Gearbox pic)

Premium Features