• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil injection delete on '04 summit X?

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
Is it worth the time and effort to go thru with the process of deleting the oil injection on a '04 summit X? If so what parts is a guy looking at? I am starting to think that running premix in a sled is a much safer bet than relying on oil injection. Anyone else feel the way I do?

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
go for it. I did it on my 07 800R and works good. look at the 440 mxzx race diagrams for the engine and you can find the parts you need.

Evan

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I believe you need to drill the upper case for oil to the bearings. I know that Trygstad does this for his 800 mod with oil injection delete, now whether it's required or not, I don't know?

wardy

Premium Member
Jun 7, 2008
Central point Oregon
I believe you need to drill the upper case for oil to the bearings. I know that Trygstad does this for his 800 mod with oil injection delete, now whether it's required or not, I don't know?

you do not have to drill the case,,that is just an option you can do,,you also have to remove the inner seals on the outer crank bearings if you drill the cases...
all toy need to do is remove the pump and replace with a block off plate,,fill the water pump cavity with oil,,run a clear hose to the nipple above the block off plate,,fill with two stroke oil and plug off or run to a small bottle...also run a line between the oil injector nozzles

S
Oct 6, 2009
2006 Rev 800 adrenaline summit 151". Soon to have RK tek Top end kit with billet head and dome pistons! Can not wait to let it ride!

Rev 3.jpg

Last edited:
B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
i dont know if i would eliminate the oil injection as this is what i was told i was going to do that to my 07 rev and i was told by a dealership that your oil pump is a variable oil pump what it does is at idle you dont need as much oil so it limits the amount of oil it injects at low rpm's and at wide open it makes it 30:1 which your sled needs so if you do an oil injection delete and you mix say 50:1 you will get to much oil at low rpm's and not enough at high rpm's so your motor may not last as long.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
that makes no sence. its 50:1 consistantly at all rpms based on fuel consumption

DAKOTAKIDD

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2009
British Columbia
I agree that makes no sense. At idle you are not injecting as much oil cause you are not injecting as much gas either. When you increase the gas the oil is increased also. Just mix your gas better than 50:1 and you'll be fine.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I deleted mine this last summer and so far its working great at 40:1.

I don't know if its good or bad, but I didn't buy the block off plate and all that stuff. All I did was remove my reservoir by cutting the two lines. Then I filled both lines 1/2 way with oil and capped them off and zip tied them up to the frame. I left the oil pump installed but removed the cable from it. I've got 500 miles and no trouble yet.

B
Aug 14, 2009
Pemberton BC
Just do it right. buy the blocker plate, race resevoir and make yourself an aluminum plate to fit where the oil tank was to mount your computer and race resy and a bracket to hold your recoil handle. the money you spend on the parts you will make back in 4 or 5 rides by running the proper amount of oil. i run 38:1 and have thousands of kms on both my sleds without the pump.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Just do it right. buy the blocker plate, race resevoir and make yourself an aluminum plate to fit where the oil tank was to mount your computer and race resy and a bracket to hold your recoil handle. the money you spend on the parts you will make back in 4 or 5 rides by running the proper amount of oil. i run 38:1 and have thousands of kms on both my sleds without the pump.

38:1?? Iv been runnin 50:1? Am i running just a little bit to much??
that damn amsoil is pricey!!

J

B
Aug 14, 2009
Pemberton BC
Could be. brp recommends 33:1. Just keep an eye on everything. ive played around a bit with different mixes and 38:1 works best for my setup. And a couple more millilitres of oil a tank is a hell of alot cheaper than a top end.

rev*baron

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2009
I deleted mine this last summer and so far its working great at 40:1.

I don't know if its good or bad, but I didn't buy the block off plate and all that stuff. All I did was remove my reservoir by cutting the two lines. Then I filled both lines 1/2 way with oil and capped them off and zip tied them up to the frame. I left the oil pump installed but removed the cable from it. I've got 500 miles and no trouble yet.

Sounds bad to me...as your pump is still turning with it hooked up to the motor.

I have a 440 block off plate and the mpem holder if someone is looking.
$25 shipped lwr 48.

Premium Features