• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPARE QUICKDRIVE BELT HANDLING

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
For those of you somehow attaching a QD belt to the underside of the hood, I would love to see pics. I am struggling to find a spot that it wont be rubbing on something, or being hit by the steering.
My last resort will be to carry it in my underseat bag all by itself... I tried it, and the belt just barely gets squished out of round.

I definitely want to carry my spare, had a nightmare tow out last year when my original failed. (1500 miles)

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
For those of you somehow attaching a QD belt to the underside of the hood, I would love to see pics. I am struggling to find a spot that it wont be rubbing on something, or being hit by the steering.
My last resort will be to carry it in my underseat bag all by itself... I tried it, and the belt just barely gets squished out of round.

I definitely want to carry my spare, had a nightmare tow out last year when my original failed. (1500 miles)

One guy said he bought a cookie container the same diameter. Puts it in that in his pack. I thought could go one step further and pop rivet a small tool bag in there for your tools.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
While that is a good idea, it's not an option for me. My Float30 is jammed full of the items that need to be on me.

200smk

Lifetime Membership
Jul 24, 2008
Think it would fit in the Polaris under hood bag?? (The one for goggles, gloves)

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
No, a QD belt will not fit in the underhood bag. Here's what I came up with:
It is loosely zip tied to 3 points, and does not interfere with anything. I might find some adhesive back closed cell foam to lay on the overstructure/bumper so there is no chance of a rub mark on the belt, but it's probably fine as it is.
There is no contact with the side panel or hood.
DSCF0303_zpse7361ce5.jpg

DSCF0305_zps537745f5.jpg

DSCF0307_zps95391f49.jpg

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I went back in today, put a chunk of adhesive back closed cell foam on the spots where the belt makes contact... the overstructure, bumper tube, and Mag coil bracket. I have no worries about damage to my spare belt now!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Red deer Alberta
I have the gauge lifter assembly with the zippers on each side and I put my belt in that perfectly with it being in an slight oval shape but by no means is it close to what the pictures are showing that isn't allowed. I stored it all last year that way and pulled it out the other day and inspected it and it looks like new!

Premium Features