• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 king cat union bay ???

Jul 2, 2011
i am thinking about buying a 04 king cat with an 1150 unionbay motor. 162 track custom tunnel. the guy is asking 3800 do you guys think it is worth it? just thinking everything on it runs and works great

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Did you pull the spark plugs and look at the cylinders? You can buy a small flash light with a fiber optic wand on it to put down the spark plug hole for a better look at the exhaust ports.. If there is any damage that is the side that will show it,, unless it has been cold seized.. Check around the mounting points for the front suspension where the belly pans mount for cracking. How clean is it,, under hood and else where,, check the nooks and crannies for coolant leaks and the like.. The union bay engine is a good one if it was taken care of..

Jul 2, 2011
i havnt actually seen the sled in person. i was just talkng to the guy about it. no decision will be made till i do inspect it. i have bought a couple of mod sleds and they have always been a headache. i just know the unionbay motors are good. he says it runs amazing he has never had an issue. he says it is to much and he wants an m7.

Premium Features