• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber disappointment

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Jeepin - Wondering what kind of problems you had (other than customer service) with the turbo? I am looking to buy a turbo before winter and am exploring all options. Did you install the kit yourself or have one of his dealers install? It seems some problems come from improper setups. Thank you to all for feedback

The only problems I had was the mapping on the fuel controller. He did get me a map that works good. Then he wouldnt sell me any updated parts, probably cause I was a butthole. Who wouldn't be? I paid for a kit that was supposed to work when I bought it, not a season later. End of the day I am happy that I boosted my sled.

T

thewayout

Jan 22, 2008
Silber

I purchased a used 2012 pro with a Silber turbo but didn't get a chance to ride it. Read a fair bit and trying to get a check list together to get a fair start with kit.So far the list consists of :
Check air box seal. deburr and replace orings
Install loop onto oil tank vent
Check TPS setting
Check oil pump setting and richen
Check oil tank for cracks , make new tank if required
Install liquid filled boost guage
delectric grease on all connection
mod air intake. enlarge & seal from engine compartment

Is there any fuel control checks to do. so far all I have done is fired up sled and check the settings. Everything appears to be working 100%

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
I wanna say that Silber's dealers have been stand up. Wattsuptoyz and Outlaw. Went out of there way to contact me in the past to help me out. Thanks guys.

From an outsider looking in reading this thread this is really good to hear. Boston racing seems very stand up too. :face-icon-small-coo

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
From an outsider looking in reading this thread this is really good to hear. Boston racing seems very stand up too. :face-icon-small-coo

I agree with you 100%,if I was buying a Silber kit I would be purchasing and getting mine installed by Boston Racing.
I just have to sell one of the boosted Cats that I already own.
I have heard nothing but good about his service and his willingness to help anyone that has bought a kit no matter where they got it from.....yes stand up guy for sure!
Cheers

Premium Features