• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pic of linderman m1000 motor mount.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Are people using blue loctite when bolting down the 2 allen bolts to the motor?

yes i put blue 242 on and put a lock washer on each bolt also. then just snugged down. been holding fine. the 5/16" bolt has a lock nut so thats good to go on its own.

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
well the motor doesnt move at all anymore but if u intall the linderman mount u might want to consider a small extra plate on the outside and inside cause mine cracked out,but this mount helps a ton just need to do a little extra but i also used the red dot mount in it im sure it is fine with the yellow dot might switch it when i fix up my mess,and i have 450 hard miles on this belt very very hard no pulled strings :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-hap

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
How hard is that red dot rubber? I'm guessing the guys running the yellow dot mounts don't have this issue with the aluminum cracking? I only have 2 rides on the mount so far, but everything looks solid still.

D
Dec 28, 2009
My mount should be here in today. Did anyone else have trouble with cracking? if so I will put a plate on when I install it.

H

homeycat

Dec 6, 2007
you shoudn't have any problems with cracking if you use the mount he supplies with the kit.the 1000 is hard bulkheads so i wouldn't make anything to rigid.....

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
My mount should be here in today. Did anyone else have trouble with cracking? if so I will put a plate on when I install it.
im sure this issue is due to me gettn a little crazy on the mount but prob wouldnt hurt to plate it up and save the time later 15mins now could save u a day later. imo just remember this is due to the hard mount i installed not the mount,this mount kicks butt

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
my yellow dotted mount i got from linderman is starting to crack already. the frame is fine. no cracks there. still keeps the engine firm though. this mount works great. but dam this is one vibrating whore! i bet the women would love this thing...:lol:

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
im sure this issue is due to me gettn a little crazy on the mount but prob wouldnt hurt to plate it up and save the time later 15mins now could save u a day later. imo just remember this is due to the hard mount i installed not the mount,this mount kicks butt
reinstalled this mount with the yellow dot mount much better so far i also have extra one of these mounts if u want it

Premium Features