• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MC900 secondary

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I like the stocker also. Toss the stock soft rollers and install rock rollers. Then install a straight 53 helix and toss the stock 55/53. And replace your spring EVERY year.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I see you are in Butte Mt. So I assume you aren't ditch banging and drag racing.

So I would suggest for that sled the rock rollers, a 49 deg helix, maybe a 51 but if you loose some RPM's on a climb try the 49. And a red spring set in the loosest hole.

That will get you pretty close with stock gearing and stock primary.

IMO I don't think you can pull a 53, unless you have a really heavy secondary spring.

I have the 49 and the red spring in my sons 900. Works pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k62wPkf5Fl8

Thunder

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Are you guys using the rock rollers that BD sells for the M series clutches? I haven't measured them yet, but I was thinking of doing that if they measure the same. They are a little narrower on the part that contacts the helix, but I don't think that would hurt.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Are you guys using the rock rollers that BD sells for the M series clutches? I haven't measured them yet, but I was thinking of doing that if they measure the same. They are a little narrower on the part that contacts the helix, but I don't think that would hurt.

I bought mine years ago from Valleygirl if I remember correctly. they were for the older secondary. I still have the old stock rollers in my M1000. Something I need to look into upgrading.

Thunder

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Thanks 4 the advice! Ill definatly swap out the spring because its time anyways and see what happens, then move to a helix if need be!

What helix are you running now?

What's a helix 20 bucks. Get a 49 or 51. If you have a 55 or even a 53 you won't like it in the steep and deep. It will pull really hard on the trail but won't back shift when you want it to.

Lot's to be gained with the right helix. Most guys have a couple sitting around in a box. You might get one for a couple bucks.

Thunder

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT

yep. and they work great.

Nov 29, 2009
Butte, MT
Thats the thing ive never had it apart, I bought it and have been slowly making it run how i want. Im not sure about the helix but Ill just throw a 49 in it and get it over with, after all theyre cheap and easy. I have the motor running like a swiss time piece now its down to this mostly. Thanks for all the advice, appreciate it!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Any idea how your primary is?

The primary is the weak link in the drive system on this sled.

You need to pry it open and swing each weight and spin each roller. If you have any movement of the weights other than swinging around the pin you need to pull the weights and install new bushings in the weights. Then check the rollers in the spider. If they are sloppy, start looking for a new clutch.

Again this is a critical inspection that you should do every 300-500 miles on this sled.

Thunder

Premium Features