• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T900 Project partial done with pics

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Tim..

that really does look awesome..great work, and the ceramic coater did above and beyond..the whole install is SO clean...

the heat tape will work wonders, i would wrap the silicone boot like you mentioned a few times, and i wouldnt see any heat socking issues to be too concerned of (that would be extreme)

that beats my "pretty" 900 ANY day..i i knew how to build one, it would be on..

amazing!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Yep I am one of the few guys that feel the 900 has potential that has been overlooked....

I think it is a winner myself... bottom end torque of a 900 with the top end boost.... hang onto your britches!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to find a wrecked one next year and start tinkering...

When the 900's first came out, everyone said it was very difficult to turbo... I dont remember why. I think that is one of the reasons you havent seen more of it, plus they came just before the turbo craze....

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
That is a super nice build highmark....

Have you given any thought to getting a really good cold air supply into the turbo.

With your install.... there would be plenty of room to run the Fire N Ice cold air intake with the Headlight intake, console combo intake, dash and windshield intake... this should drop the charge temps considerably compared to the footwell area...

I'm not saying your setup is not going to ROCK... just throwing some ideas out there...

Have a look at the SPS/FNI setup for the Automotive turbos (CLICK HERE)... connects to the stock hood and provides super cool air to the turbo!!

Also, I have a line on charge tube and pipe wrap blankents that are easily removable.
09PTIA%20aerochgr%20cold%20air%20intake.jpg

product_info.php
09PDAI%20dash%20air%20intake.jpg

07PWAI%20%20windshield%20air%20intake.jpg

dragon_above1.jpg

Last edited:
S

slowfusion

Nov 13, 2008
Sodus Point NY.
Got the pipes back from the coater last week so have some updated pics.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Give me a minute while I wipe the tears from my eyes,,,,,After seeing this, I must check my budget and have some alone time. That is friggin TITTS!!!
I was thinking NOS for mine next season, now I'm reconsidering. :beer; That is one respectable build.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Any luck getting this thing going? HOw is it running? Any problems? Thanks getting mine out this weekend for the first ride

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I have have not ridden it yet due to the huge delay in getting clutch weights. But thanks to DMJ1 he has got me hooked up. I sent the clutch off to SLP Monday to get balanced so all I have left to do is slap that thing back on get some fuel preasure and go ride the thing. I am looking forward to reaping the benefits of an entire summer of work soon. I am going to weigh the sled and get some finished pics of it before I take it out just in case I wipe it out:face-icon-small-sho I am planning on taking it out in two weeks. You will prolly have a full report for us on yours the weekend before I get to take mine out. Best of luck and be sure and report to us as well.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Great, thanks for the update. I just ended up going with SLP MTX weights so i didnt have to wait on Derek. I took it for a small spin out in the feild and they seam to run great. Cant wait to get the thing out into some real snow. You bet ill have a full report on Sunday of the first ride out

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Great, thanks for the update. I just ended up going with SLP MTX weights so i didnt have to wait on Derek. I took it for a small spin out in the feild and they seam to run great. Cant wait to get the thing out into some real snow. You bet ill have a full report on Sunday of the first ride out

Josh what size weights did you go with? What spring? What in the secondary?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Josh what size weights did you go with? What spring? What in the secondary?

I have the MTX's at 82 grams for this weekend, a green/pink primary, strait 48 helix and a black/? spring in the secondary. I had my primary completly gone through and balanced by SLP this summer. They replaced pretty much everything. We'll see how she runs. I start up a new thread and let everyone know.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
where are we riding this weekend? im game for portal on saturday, did you want to do that ride up elk creek sunday morning before superbowl? if lexie wants to come up later and just meet us for the game, she can ride up with alexa maybe coming up.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have the MTX's at 82 grams for this weekend, a green/pink primary, strait 48 helix and a black/? spring in the secondary. I had my primary completly gone through and balanced by SLP this summer. They replaced pretty much everything. We'll see how she runs. I start up a new thread and let everyone know.

Where did you come up with your set up? Dont see many running straight cut helix's anymore. Most of the helix's look like a road coarse these days.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Man You guys take " go big or go home" to the extreme!!!!
Nice looking build and the attention to detail is fantastic..(more pics pleez)
Really wanna know how they work out Sat!! (gotta start stashin money away)
Mybe I can miss a few mortgage payments and Obama will bail me out??

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Man You guys take " go big or go home" to the extreme!!!!
Nice looking build and the attention to detail is fantastic..(more pics pleez)
Really wanna know how they work out Sat!! (gotta start stashin money away)
Mybe I can miss a few mortgage payments and Obama will bail me out??

LMFAO!!

sounds like a plan to me, lol...down the road i will build a turbo for mine...i wont be getting rid of it anytime soon..

great work guys..hope you get it dialed in and it runs great..

i talk to 2poor quite a bit and he got a turbo setup on "one" of his 900s (2006) and he said its flat out awesome..and he likes it better then his 1140 build on his "other" 900

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TIM...

any ride reports???

any final setup info..

--clutching,
--control box #'s
--fuel pressure
--what BOV spring
--what wastegate spring

--any tricks or tips for us that ARE planning on building Turbo 900s ;)

also, if you could list what brand componets you went with..
--BOV
--Fuel Reg
--manual boost controller

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Hey Tim great looking sled, I am so glad I could help you out in the piggy bank area by buying your other turbo for my 600 RMK! can't wait to get it put on and run it with the big boys. thanks a lot and hope to stop by soon.
mikey

Premium Features