• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Header wrap/coating?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I currently have header wrap on my sled, but the way i built my header, it runs with about 1/4" clearance near my brake caliper, so it gets SO freakin hot and i get really bad brake fade(scary after climbing) and im trying to figure out what to do. I currently have header wrap on it, but it seems to be desinegrating, and wasnt sure if there were any other options, the wrap worked well, not much fade at all when new, but only lasted just over 100 miles before it started to turn to dust so now after any decent pull without a cooldown, the brakes DONT work at all when you pull the lever. Just lookin for more options.. even a small section of ceramic or something?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
When I wrapped it I didnt use any sort of coating... HMMM. I used DEI stuff, not the super nice stuff, but i wonder if not spraying anything on it is causing it to fail REALLY fast?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
ill check into better brake fluid.. i worked on it some tongiht, i noticed I had a small section of header wrap rubbing on a sharp corner on the brake caliper, so it was tearing it, then NO wrap, so i worked on that and bent the line that connects the caliper on either side of mine so it wasnt so dang clsoe to the thing. I think having the brake fluid basicaly baking in a tube right by the header was really hurting me!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I have used the Thermotec sleeves for my coolant lines...Here is something from JSCspeed.com that should work for what you are needing it for...

tt_clamp_hs.jpg

http://www.jscspeed.com/universal/thermotec/clampon_heat_shield.htm

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Definately lookin like im just gonna get 1 big arse thermotec one, run it from by my gas tank down to my turbo center section, this will protect my coolant lines, and oil feed lines for my turbo as well as my brakes.

thanks for the link!!

Premium Features