• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost gauge wrecked?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
My boost gauge, I believe it is a autometer, Reads 4 psi with the engine off. It is a boost only gauge. Would have the fact that it sees vacuum from the carb boots wrecked it? Or twisted the needle? It will pull down to 0 psi at idle. Which would be about correct by my figuring. as the motor should have about 8 in of vacuum at idle. Which is aprox 4 psi of neg pressure.

I just want to make sure I have my boost set right and with the gauge doing goofy things it is hard to feel confident.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
You need to bleed the guage at the altitude you ride at. Just crack the bleed screw at the op ofthe gauge and it will zero.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
zeroing

It did read zero when I first started. The setup before had the boost reference off the intercooler and I am sure there was very little vacuum now it has vacuum. I am pretty sure this has wrecked the gauge. And I want to leave it hooked where it is. So i will need to get a gauge that can read boost and vacuum i guess.

Premium Features