• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shockwave base line

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Searched but didnt find the answer I was looking for

Decided to try a shockwave. I run a straight 47 now and sometimes its just not enough......where do I have to have the threaded collar to be 49ish? or 50ish? Also where are you running the spring (cat green)

thanks Brendon

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
I'm running a Yamaha silver spring. I think it's set on the 60 degree setting. My helix is setup a little flatter than it should be but it backshifts great. Mine is one turn out, I think that is around 46 degrees?

If your not changing the primary clutching, you'll probably just have to mess with it until you get the same rpms you were running before.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
All the way in is 42 i believe and every turn is 4 degrees. 1/4 turn per degree roughly. I run min 1 3/4 turns out which is 49 i think LOL. 2 turns out is 50. I think the shockwave will wear the buttons a little faster.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Like SummitBoy said, all the way in is 42 degrees, but I believe it is 3-1/2 degrees for each turn out. Polish the adjustable ramps before you ride with it. Thats my 40% of a nickel anyway :)

scmurs

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The website says 42-58:

Easy to Adjust: To adjust the new Adjustable-Ramp Helix, simply open the hood and turn the dial with an allen wrench. There is no disassembly required. In fact, the clutch and the Adjustable-Ramp Helix stay assembled in the snowmobile. The allen wrench fits into an adjuster ring. Each full rotation of the adjuster ring is approximately 4 degrees. Thus, each 1/4 rotation is approximately 1 degree. Turn the adjuster ring clockwise to raise RPM; turn the adjuster ring counter clockwise to lower RPM.

I'll take my share in that nickel LOL !!!

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
The website says 42-58:

Easy to Adjust: To adjust the new Adjustable-Ramp Helix, simply open the hood and turn the dial with an allen wrench. There is no disassembly required. In fact, the clutch and the Adjustable-Ramp Helix stay assembled in the snowmobile. The allen wrench fits into an adjuster ring. Each full rotation of the adjuster ring is approximately 4 degrees. Thus, each 1/4 rotation is approximately 1 degree. Turn the adjuster ring clockwise to raise RPM; turn the adjuster ring counter clockwise to lower RPM.

I'll take my share in that nickel LOL !!!

.03 in the mail on Monday :)

Are you boosted summitboy? I'm not currently boosted and have a set up in mind, but would be open to suggestions/opinions on the secondary spring and twist setting on a Nytro MTX.

:beer;

scmurs

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I run a Turbo Apex. The secondary setup i believe is the same. I run purple Cat/EPI spring wound to 1-0. I was running a straight 51 helix but now run the shockwave 1 3/4 turns out (49 degrees). Some guys are running the Cat SnoPro green spring which i have not tried yet. As soon as this EPI spring is shot which was probably 3 weeks ago i'll change it LOL.

I see your not turboed so i'm not sure what guys run other than stock clutching. You might wanna get a turbo LOL !!

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thistle, two full turns out would be 50 degrees. Each turn is 4 degrees ! LOL. I'd change the buttons if they are really grooved. They usually start to chunk bad when they are really finished.

PS You should of seen the look on those two boys faces when I pulled the back door down and they saw their new Scoots ! PRICELESS !!

Last edited:
Premium Features