• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riser Question 1M (01 Mountain Cat)

K
Sep 19, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I have a 3.5 in Rox riser and the electrical is long enough but i lenghtened out the brake all you have to do for that it go to and auto parts store and get a premade section of brake line i think the shortest is 6 to 8 inches and put it on at the brake caliper and coil it up because its more than you need and I also have a two inch higher steering post so i have 5.5 inches of riser and the electrical is still long enough just barely

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I have a 3.5 in Rox riser and the electrical is long enough but i lenghtened out the brake all you have to do for that it go to and auto parts store and get a premade section of brake line i think the shortest is 6 to 8 inches and put it on at the brake caliper and coil it up because its more than you need and I also have a two inch higher steering post so i have 5.5 inches of riser and the electrical is still long enough just barely

Were you happy with it at this height, or wished you had gone higher. Also are you saying you just spliced another brake line in, or did you replace the whole brake line? I was looking @ them online and it's like 50$ Where did you get the rox risers from? Do you have a link/part # by chance?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I did pretty much the same. I went to the auto parts store and bought the shortest piece of steel line they had, then I had them cut it in half and flare the cut end. Ended up with a three inch line and coupler to add on to my original. Worked out great. Cut a couple nylon ties and did a little rerouting of wires and cables.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I did pretty much the same. I went to the auto parts store and bought the shortest piece of steel line they had, then I had them cut it in half and flare the cut end. Ended up with a three inch line and coupler to add on to my original. Worked out great. Cut a couple nylon ties and did a little rerouting of wires and cables.

I don't mind splicing all my wires, I just don't want to have mess w/my throttle atm. hmm I think I have some extra brake lines from my line lock kit floating around.. I'll have to dig it out..

Are these the risers your talking about? http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=278

Also, so what your saying is I can go with a 5" riser, and stock handle bars.

Last edited:
K
Sep 19, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I forgot you have to put a throttle cable extension in too. I believe you can order the throttle extension and the risers from www.hiperf.com is one place. Rox also makes a 5.5 inch riser I think too. Im 6 ft tall and the height might just be like an inch or so too high but i already had the riser when i bought the steering post so I kept it but I like to have my arms pretty much straight but with this setup they are a little bent but I didnt have any problems I guess. And as far as the brake line If you dont wana mess with the flares just coil it up above the brake caliper instead of cutting it. All you have to do is unhook the braided line off of the caliper and the new section of i belive 3/16 brake line will hook to the male end of the braided line and the female connection on the caliper.
Hope this helps

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
ah, well If I gotta extend my throttle, and my brake I might as well toss some 8" risers on there. I like to have my elbows bent a bit when I ride, and I don't like slouching when I side hill. I was really looking for the quick bolt on solution that doesn't require spending 200$ on extending brake lines, extended throttle cable, + the cost of the riser block. Heh, that's a 1/4 the cost of the entire sled ;)

Last edited:
Premium Features