• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TS 120 to 129 track and rail extensions

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
The Camso snow bike track is much better in the deep powder than the MaxTrak 2. It also side flexes in cornering better and rolls more like a tire. It even bites the hard back trail better and does not want to brake free under power in a turn. We like it better in 90% of all conditions better than the MaxTrak 2. The only area of deficiency is on a frozen April morning with a few inches of fresh on top. It does not want to dig and bite through the frozen top 3" of crust like the MaxTrak 2 would.

Great info, thanks. Trying to decide if I want to upgrade my 15ST by replacing the track, or just get rid of it while it still has a little value and take the season off to save up for something newer.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Sell the 15 and buy a 13 or 14 and spend the difference on the new track. 13 and 14 wont require notching the track which IMO has always been a design flaw with those 15 + kits. I mean like really TS that's your plan notch the track C'mon.

M5

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I snowchecked a ARO 120SX, which has not shipped quite yet. If I wanted to go with this track what would it require?

It sounds like I would need to cut the track width. How hard is this, and what is the recommended process and tools to do so?

Thanks

After looking into cutting this track down to fit the TS 10.5" SX track width you will only have .25" of track left on the outside of the windows. Assuming the 2019 TS SX120 has the standard 8.75" rail spacing. This is the way TS has always run the track on the SX. I do not care for it that thin, it breaks between the windows regularly. This does not affect the performance much, and I have seen them run for years like this.

I do have a company that will cut the 129 track width for you for $175 and I will drop ship to them free of charge. You will only pay shipping from their facility to yours. I can save you some $ that way.

The TS AERO would be the same process, but it is 11.5" wide. Giving .75" on the outside of the windows like the Traverse track has.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
After looking into cutting this track down to fit the TS 10.5" SX track width you will only have .25" of track left on the outside of the windows. Assuming the 2019 TS SX120 has the standard 8.75" rail spacing. This is the way TS has always run the track on the SX. I do not care for it that thin, it breaks between the windows regularly. This does not affect the performance much, and I have seen them run for years like this.

I do have a company that will cut the 129 track width for you for $175 and I will drop ship to them free of charge. You will only pay shipping from their facility to yours. I can save you some $ that way.

The TS AERO would be the same process, but it is 11.5" wide. Giving .75" on the outside of the windows like the Traverse track has.

The 2019 TS ARO 120SX track is 11.5” wide.

Last edited:
A
Nov 14, 2017

As Sheet Metal Fab said, I think the 2019 SX is 11.5inches wide as well.

I am going to at least give the track a couple tries before I make any changes. I think I want that 129 length though. When I am ready to go with this I will get in contact. Thanks Toby.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
You might be the first person ever to feel sorry for the dealer. Get the 129 ARO. He will have no trouble selling the 120 and if he does timbersled will give him a rebate so he can sell it easier later.It’s not like you’re not going to buy other **** from him right?

A
Nov 14, 2017
You might be the first person ever to feel sorry for the dealer. Get the 129 ARO. He will have no trouble selling the 120 and if he does timbersled will give him a rebate so he can sell it easier later.It’s not like you’re not going to buy other **** from him right?

I hear ya, but the dealer is a small one and he is a friend. Honestly I really wanted the fancy shocks on the SX as well. I was torn between staying 120SX and going 129LE. When I found out he was going to get saddled with my 120SX that tipped the balance.

I will see how this thing performs and if I am wishing for the 129 length I will go with Tillbuilt's setup and the better Camso track. Everyone wins (except my wallet)

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I really like my 120 for its bike feel and it does pretty good in the snow, the steep approach angle makes it dig a bit more when you get going in the deep snow. Once under way it does great , just need to be on it a bit more and keep up the momentum. The track is actually pretty good - a very good compromise for all snow conditions. I love the playful feel and all out speed of the shorty it also eats moguls and rough stuff way better than a long-track.
One thing no one tells you is how much power it takes to turn the camso track with all the paddles - while it works the snow very well it does slow your ride down considerably. Not an issue in 3 feet of pow but sure noticeable when it sets up.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I really like my 120 for its bike feel and it does pretty good in the snow, the steep approach angle makes it dig a bit more when you get going in the deep snow. Once under way it does great , just need to be on it a bit more and keep up the momentum. The track is actually pretty good - a very good compromise for all snow conditions. I love the playful feel and all out speed of the shorty it also eats moguls and rough stuff way better than a long-track.
One thing no one tells you is how much power it takes to turn the camso track with all the paddles - while it works the snow very well it does slow your ride down considerably. Not an issue in 3 feet of pow but sure noticeable when it sets up.

I really liked the 120 Mountain Horse and the way it handled in almost all situations better than the DTS129. The exception was when the powder got real deep, which I am fortunate to say is a lot where we ride.

When the powder was deep enough to be coming over the front fender I really noticed a difference in getting the bike moving and keeping it moving. I had to be very careful where I stopped and scab off other bikes tracks on uphills or I would trench out and get stuck.

Y
Oct 31, 2013
I did the 129 extensions on my 2016 with the CMX track. Huge improvement and doesn’t seem any less nimble.
The extensions fit perfect and no issues all last season.

Premium Features