• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken turbo Y pipe springs

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
This weekend both of my bottom springs on my Y pipe broke. Had to steal one of my buddies sled to finish the ride. The springs are the ones that come with the MTNTK turbo kits, they are a typical turbo spring. So my question is there a way to keep these from breaking?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Go to a OVS or Turbo Perf type fitting on the connection. That will cure it, no more springs.

I don't know how to describe the bolted spring clamp. They work very well.

G

gilmoreb

Nov 23, 2012
I also run a MTNTEK and had the same problem. I have doubled all of my springs except the two that are on the cam at the exhaust can. I use the Polaris SS springs PN 7043726. No problems since.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I too am having this problem with my Mtntk kit. Basically, every trip I break a spring. After the first time I did the silicone trick but it made no improvement. I have never broke two at once and don't notice any performance loss with just one missing (6-7 pounds boost). I phoned Mtntk but the guy I talked with wasn't aware of any problem. I will say, my engine has a lot of vibration at 3000 RPM. This is a 2015, my 13 Pro is smooth.

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
Yeah I have used the silicone too, both my springs didn't go at once, and my motor seems to run very smooth. I know cutler has some turbo springs was thinking about giving them a try. Also going to give the Polaris SS springs doubled up a try...or use the cutlers and keep the SS springs in my pack for backup

Premium Features