• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heavy Duty Springs

W
Jan 13, 2008
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Summit X 800. I have heard of people putting heavy duty springs in the rear skid to help from bottoming out the sled. Does anyone have the part numbers for these springs? Also, do you know if the skidoo dealers will carry these parts or will be able to order them for me (they no longer sell exhaust for zx chassis sleds which is why I ask. Was not sure if they still manufactured or sold the springs).

Thanks!

B
Jun 9, 2002
MN
Find a dealer with a 2002 Race Manual. There is a chart in there that shows stock springs and also a listing for lighter and heavier ones too. You may find a PDF Race Manual online if you do a search.

Prepare to be confused by part #'s, wire diameters and opening angles for the springs. The amount of info in these manuals is staggering.

Good luck.

S

sculmone

Dec 23, 2014
fbddf77a7da846d17145b69e100ef4d3.jpg

Growing ZX fb page just opened

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
You might try someone like Al's Snowmobile

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
there are a couple of theories on zx rear suspension. The theory i subscribe to actually brought me in the opposite direction. I found that the softer springs worked best for me to make for a bit of weight transfer while hill climbing.

My sled is the 03 zx highmark extreme with 159 track. I weigh 170 lbs and mostly hillclimb with it.

Love the zx chasis.

Premium Features