• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all Ski-Doo Summit XP Riders!

What engine mods are you interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I am trying to put together something and I need to get some info collected. I'd like to know if you have done mods or plan on doing them. What you plan on doing or what you would be interested in doing.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
You'll have to get out with SweetXPBeatch, Bossman05, or DOOingitUtah. They all just had some MOD work done for a very reasonable price and have been very happy with it. You could get a few pulls on one of their sleds and see if you like or not.:cool:

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
When it comes to the XP I would say all but the turbos. I have yet to see a XP turbo run flawless all season. Truthfully I have yet to see a decent xp turbo period! But most of what I have seen has been CPI or TP. Both had their moments but far from flawless.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
There is another turbo out there that seems to be better than either of those two. And I have done PLENTY of research. I am trying to feel things out in CO and UT as I am considering becoming a dealer and I want to see if peeps have a desire for boost on their XP. I have spoke with many folks in the industry about this setup and I myself will be pulling the trigger when I can.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
There is another turbo out there that seems to be better than either of those two. And I have done PLENTY of research. I am trying to feel things out in CO and UT as I am considering becoming a dealer and I want to see if peeps have a desire for boost on their XP. I have spoke with many folks in the industry about this setup and I myself will be pulling the trigger when I can.

I am not interested in boost on my xp.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
for my 09 XP I put a Trygstad head, geared down to 20 and put on a Rooster Built clutch kit. These mods helped the sled run much better then stock. A turbo would be fun, but I think fuel injected is they way to go with that route. JMO

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah

I think before you go getting in the turbo biz you should go get some turbo experience.
Last thing you want to do is sell a product you can't service or help with set up

Until you get the real mountain experience under your belt I would stay away from peddling turbos

Jmo.

I would love to see the doo turbo market get to where the cats are at, but then again still to much hood lifting for me.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
There would be plenty of support from the builder. I have a good installer lined up and I have plenty of experience in the mountains. I ain't no rookie.

Basically, I'm just putting feelers out right now to get an idea. I haven't made an investment yet.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
i meant real experience on the mountain with a turbo. Not just, "hey I've ridden with a few buddies that have turbos." To many people these days get into selling products they cant support or do not have first hand knowledge on.

I don't like dealing with a middle man. I want it straight from the builder. I want the relationship to be with the builder so that I get the correct info not relayed info.

Kit's like twisted turbos people buy because of the amazing service that Shain provides. And the first hand knowledge that he brings to the table by the thousands of boosted miles he puts on each year day in and day out. I wouldn't want to buy a twisted turbo from someone selling shains kit, I want to buy directly from the man that builds it.

Again just my opinion.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Boost, 2-stroke and carburetors, 3 things that will cause you nothing but headaches when you try to combine them in one machine.

Premium Features