• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Strange starting situation???

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
I have a boondocker turbo that is and has been finicky starting.

I have replaced the relay.

It always clicks in the relay but it does not always turn the motor over.

Here is the strange thing: If I lift up on the inner-cooler it turns over every time.

I have had this problem off and on for the last three seasons.

What do you think????

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I have a boondocker turbo that is and has been finicky starting.

I have replaced the relay.

It always clicks in the relay but it does not always turn the motor over.

Here is the strange thing: If I lift up on the inner-cooler it turns over every time.

I have had this problem off and on for the last three seasons.

What do you think????

Sounds like a poor ground? Or a short?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
You may be right.

We have added what we think is a better ground.

If it is a short it must be after the relay.

The problem is very inconsistent. I have gone months without it and then had it happen several times in a day.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
or

Could be a poor connector on the relay. I would suggest unpluging it and use a air compressor to blow the plugins dry and use some dielectric grease on it to keep moisture out. I would reccomend that on all connectors.

B
Dec 12, 2007
Same problem!

jUST STARTED HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER HAVING THE BATTRY OUT FOR THE SUMMER. GOING TO CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS AND GROUND! IF U FIND ANYTHING OUT LET ME KNOW.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
jUST STARTED HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER HAVING THE BATTRY OUT FOR THE SUMMER. GOING TO CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS AND GROUND! IF U FIND ANYTHING OUT LET ME KNOW.

BigDOGG yours sounds like it could be a battery issue. Pastor Also might have a bad cell in the battery. Has it been the same battery all the time? Does it make a difference if you jump start it?

Premium Features