• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Free SPOT!!!!

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Between March 19 and March 27, 2009 SPOT is offering a FREE SPOT with the purchase of basic service and tracking ($149.98). You will save at least $149.

Go to http://www.findmespot.com/robby/ to find out more information.

If you have been thinking about it, now is definitely the time to do it. It is not just for snowmobiling either.

Save your life or the life of a friend. The response time on this is incredible. I spoke with a rescuer this weekend about it. They were already mobilized and heading out to the scene when a rider came in to tell them about the avalanche. The rider only had about 8 miles to ride to town on groomed trail. However, because the SPOT 911 had been activated, calls had already been made and rescuers were already mobilized. True a cell phone call to 911 would be quicker, but there is no cell service at all in this area.

I am in no way affiliated with SPOT, other than owning a SPOT. I just believe this highly in this product and felt that this was an excellent deal.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Anyone riding the back country should own one in my opinion. I've been in situation where we need one and didn't have one, now I own one and hope I never need the 911 function. My family loves that daily check in feature! Tracking feature is also very cool if you don't have a gps.

I will also take it hunting with me going forward as well.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Think about the SPOT dealers

Unfortunatly this offer is only for US customers only. For us Canadians it is about 100.00 more, I guess BRP isn't the only ones ripping us off.

I used to sell them but sent the entire lot back..I think they are a Great Idea
and a must have for anyone in the backcountry.. But for all the suckers like me that bought them to offer to customers.. They are screwed..
Spot should have from the beginning offered the unit for free..Or very inexpensive. they make their $ from the subscription.. they have just s**t on all their dealers..

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
I bought from a dealer and got a $50 rebate that I am still waiting for from SPOT. This is a very limited time offer and very few know about it unless you have signed up for their newsletter. I just feel that it is that important to have to not let my fellow 4M members know about this deal.

So we get some more out there and then others are going to want them and have to get them from a dealer. I really don't think that this limited time offer is going to hurt dealers that much. But I do understand your position.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Just ordered mine.

You have to enter your credit card before you get the promo code applied.
It does apply the $163 discount after you submit it.
Git r done.

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
I used to sell them but sent the entire lot back..I think they are a Great Idea
and a must have for anyone in the backcountry.. But for all the suckers like me that bought them to offer to customers.. They are screwed..
Spot should have from the beginning offered the unit for free..Or very inexpensive. they make their $ from the subscription.. they have just s**t on all their dealers..

Sounds the same as selling Satellite radios. I bought a decent sized lot of Sirius Starmates, which was at a good price, but they started blowing them out below dealer cost not too long later. I managed to move them all, but gave a good number of them away for charitable donations to various groups.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
guys the deal is only good for like 10 days. You dealers will be able to sell them in just a few more days.

True.. but you can look just about anywhere, anytime and find coupons,give aways etc..
should be able to find one for $50.00 or so.. min dealer price was 108
Im certainly not alone thinking I got the short end of the stick from spot.
You guys should get them now for nothing.. I paid 108.00

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Yea, if I was a dealer, it'd pizz me off.

I'm not, and it's a good deal. Ordered. \

Thanks XTC for the heads up..!!!
Toast.gif

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
Just ordered mine.

You have to enter your credit card before you get the promo code applied.
It does apply the $163 discount after you submit it.
Git r done.

I got a promo code download to be applied when I activate. Is that correct? My card was charged the full amount.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
After my experience with spot, I think a sat phone is a way better investment, when time is of the essence and you need life flight, spot will only notify search and rescue crews and then when they get to you they will call in life flight. If we would have not gone out to call 911 and got life flight coming, I know we would have spent the night on the mtn with my buddy that had a broken back.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
For the Canadians interested in the SPOT, there is supposed to be a promotion of some type coming to the Canadian site in the very near future. Canadians can order the unit at the current promo price as long as they have it shipped to a U.S. address first. They don't care where it will be activated from.

Premium Features