• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha tether relocate

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Hate where cat put the tether on the alpha. Seems like it’s always getting tangled on the bars or getting knocked off with the starter handle. So I relocated it using a piece of 1”x 1.5” aluminum I had sitting in the shop. Rode it today and it’s way better than the stock location. When I stand and ride it’s about the same level as where it clips on my Klim bib. The purple tether is from SPI watercraft, ordered from the western powersports catalogue.

5978EF56-4580-4CB1-B539-ABAE542E6479.jpeg C1967120-F191-4979-9AA8-A632A450121E.jpeg 2524A24C-89F7-496C-96F4-F77F72F1928D.jpeg

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Now you're on to something. I moved mine to the other side of the post in the mirror location. I put a loop in it and where it on the throttle hand. This keeps the tree limbs from pulling it

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Great idea. First ride I knocked mine off with the handlebar bag 3 different times every time I turned sharp one direction. I like running a bag like in one of your pics.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Nice work. I have continuously knocked mine off with the starter handle as well definitely not the best location for it. I am about in the habit of just holding on to the handle until it is all the way back in now.

On another note I have noticed everyone wearing these attached to the D ring of their gear but twice already this year I have been in situations where the sled rolled and I was stuck close enough to it that the tether didn't pull but really couldn't get to the kill button because of where I was stuck. I have started wearing the tether looped around my right wrist and find it nice to be able to pull that thing off when I need to. I guess I could probably have reached down and pulled it off my gear as well but just something to think about. I have also heard a lot of my riding group complaining about popping theirs off moving from side to side when it was on their gear. I have yet to pop mine off a single time on accident with it on my right wrist.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Hate where cat put the tether on the alpha. Seems like it’s always getting tangled on the bars or getting knocked off with the starter handle. So I relocated it using a piece of 1”x 1.5” aluminum I had sitting in the shop. Rode it today and it’s way better than the stock location. When I stand and ride it’s about the same level as where it clips on my Klim bib. The purple tether is from SPI watercraft, ordered from the western powersports catalogue.

How did you attach the bracket to the riser?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Drilled two holes and two sheet metal screws. Ride 3 days this weekend. Really liking thisctether location.

Great to hear. I made a similar bracket and moved the tether this weekend. Like you, I was getting the cord tangled in the bars when it was in the stock location. Thank you for the great idea!!!

Premium Features