• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Silber turbo

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Everyone must have their silber turbos running badass?

Nope, no new tunes yet to fix the low end bog. Kind off disappointing on the part of silber to put out a half finished product. I would be embarrassed to try and market this if i was a dealer for them. Its ridable, but no where near where it should be. The mid range and top end are as good as anything out there.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Everyone must have their silber turbos running badass?

Not exactly, but way better than flash #2

Nope, no new tunes yet to fix the low end bog. Kind off disappointing on the part of silber to put out a half finished product. I would be embarrassed to try and market this if i was a dealer for them. Its ridable, but no where near where it should be. The mid range and top end are as good as anything out there.

You wouldn’t think it was bad if you had never run a properly mapped or tuned sled. I could fix my own issue at this point if I could adjust the fuel throughout the day, but not available at this point. You get on a Silber Doo or Poo and it becomes very evident that the Cat tune isn’t there yet. Crossing my fingers for a mid season tune or at least an update from JJ or Justin.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Not exactly, but way better than flash #2

You wouldn’t think it was bad if you had never run a properly mapped or tuned sled. I could fix my own issue at this point if I could adjust the fuel throughout the day, but not available at this point. You get on a Silber Doo or Poo and it becomes very evident that the Cat tune isn’t there yet. Crossing my fingers for a mid season tune or at least an update from JJ or Justin.

I think Kanedog ate JJ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC

AGREEEEED SHAME ON YOU JUSTIN SILBERNAGEL

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
All you ever see videos of are the Polaris 850. That surprises me because justin told me he was going to be riding an alpha for his personal sled.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Well there must be at least one map that works cause my buddy just sent me a text and they rode in three foot of pow today in West and he said his sled just rips.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Well there must be at least one map that works cause my buddy just sent me a text and they rode in three foot of pow today in West and he said his sled just rips.

Its just the bottom end. They say mid and top end run good . If u run high rpms most of the time most likely not going to notice nothing but arm stretching fun I would assume

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Its just the bottom end. They say mid and top end run good . If u run high rpms most of the time most likely not going to notice nothing but arm stretching fun I would assume

Ah, no. This guy has owned turbo sleds for the last 10 years plus. I asked about the bottom end. He said it runs spotless. No stumble or burble off the bottom.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ah, no. This guy has owned turbo sleds for the last 10 years plus. I asked about the bottom end. He said it runs spotless. No stumble or burble off the bottom.

Is he on an 18’ or a 19’? Programs are different. The 18’ works well, 19’ not so much

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
My 18' has the low end bog and Justin told me there isn't any updates for it . He told me to pull weight out of the primary which I had figured out for myself . From 5-5500 rpm on up it run really good . Just makes riding tight trees interesting .

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
My 19 is spot on no bogs at all so it must be hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it is a Cat issue and not a Silber issue. I would bet there is enough variance in injectors or fuel pressure or something. Heck, guys are complaining the stockers have a bog.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
My 19 alpha frickin rips! super impressed with the silber kit. Yeah if you let it idle for a couple minutes it will have a 1/2 sec burble that's it. On and off the throttle in tress its great! These things are super good on oil too which is kind of scary. Wheelies for days and tons of useable power.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
Pretty sure it is a Cat issue and not a Silber issue. I would bet there is enough variance in injectors or fuel pressure or something. Heck, guys are complaining the stockers have a bog.

Well if this is the case Justin needs to get his hands on A few different sleds and have programs ready for these. That have variance in the injectors in my opinion if this is the case it is still a silber problem not a cat problem or he need to offer full refund to those people who have machines that run perfect in stock form but do not with his program

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
My alpha ran perfect when it was stock for 160ish miles. Put the kit on and the first flash was pretty much unridable the low end was so bad. Second flash is better, at least you can ride it. Like said above, makes tight tree riding very interesting. Have to really be in your game with throttle control. On a side note had a buddy who demo ride the BD kit on an alpha a week ago and said it bogged too.

Premium Features