• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track alignment

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Anyone having problems with track alignment. I noticed the track on my sks 155 2.6 was starting to fray on the left track edge. It was rubbing on the left front bulk head, the center driver was hitting the right side of the center window, the rear wheel was rubbing on the track drive cogs and the track Windows where not lined up or even with the rails. I tried adjusting the track tensions and the only way I could get it to be somewhat aligned was to have the track tension adjusted out of specs. One side was 1 1/8 and the other was at 5/8". The sled is at the dealer now. There's only 9 miles on the sled and no I did not hit anything with it. All 9 miles where put on riding in a hay field and my back yard.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
My Polaris tracks have always frayed around the edges...I've never noticed them rubbing on anything really. I think most track fray is normal...is it not?

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I agree, most tracks fray, but If my track is rubbing up by the bulk head I'd go back to the dealer. The must not have the driver centered on the shaft.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
It's at the dealer, its been there sense Monday. Their starting a claim with Polaris on it. Thinking it's more than a driver not being centered issue.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I agree, most tracks fray, but If my track is rubbing up by the bulk head I'd go back to the dealer. The must not have the driver centered on the shaft.

I think a lot of the fraying is due to when the scratchers are down, you can see it drag along the edge of the track, was looking at that last weekend.
Every Pro I've ever had frayed. I don't think it hurts anything

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
On my 16 the fraying was caused from the track rubbing on the front left bulk head. Only the left side was fraying. There's only 9 miles on the sled. On my 11 both sides would fray and I also installed a 155 2.4 on my 05 which also frayed.

Premium Features