• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GREENWATER REPORTS

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
Has anyone been up to Greenwater lately, was up 2 weeks ago checking it out and snow was almost to Mikes Rock, was wondering where we are parking this weekend, I have a 4 place enclosed and need lots of room to turn around, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Norracks

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Lake Tapps, Wa.
We went up to Greenwater last night and parked at the upper sno-park they have the gate closed at the end of the pavement and the 12% was in good shape. It was snowing hard up top when we were leaving around 8:00 pm

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Has anyone been up to Greenwater lately, was up 2 weeks ago checking it out and snow was almost to Mikes Rock, was wondering where we are parking this weekend, I have a 4 place enclosed and need lots of room to turn around, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

snow was better when we got above the y, lots of ice today after the shooting range, should be real good with new snow next few days

I
Nov 19, 2010
I was up to Greenwater yesterday to checkout the snow level. They have the gate closed at the bottom parking lot and no snow! WTF! One sled deck was there so I hung out a bit until they came down. Dirt, rock and gravel all the way the old parking lot rock quarry. That's like 5 miles of gravel! Once you get past the quarry snow builds fast. Snow is at the top step at the cabin. We need snow down low or open up the road so we can park where we use park 20 years ago! Mismanagement at its finest.

And it was 36 and raining hard. No snow line in sight from the main lot.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I heard reports that my favorite area will have the same fate.
Closing gates to remove liability of accidents on icy or unsafe roads....

Try this on Snoqualmie or White pass.....
Instead of closing, educate.

Create rules for safety such as:
Require chains or No Trailers beyond this point, or combined weight limit. Signage, primative road, travel at own risk. Sign waivers to remove liability.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Or a big sign that states....
YOU are liable for your accident beyond this point
Or
16cab2f44a5828dc2b5eb9f14c4f332b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I was up to Greenwater yesterday to checkout the snow level. They have the gate closed at the bottom parking lot and no snow! WTF! One sled deck was there so I hung out a bit until they came down. Dirt, rock and gravel all the way the old parking lot rock quarry. That's like 5 miles of gravel! Once you get past the quarry snow builds fast. Snow is at the top step at the cabin. We need snow down low or open up the road so we can park where we use park 20 years ago! Mismanagement at its finest.

And it was 36 and raining hard. No snow line in sight from the main lot.

Figures ...... not surprised at all with the way the FS runs things up there.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I used to go to greenwater a couple times a week. I haven’t been there for 2 years because of this management. Theres a dedicated sno park. F-ing utilize it!

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Figures ...... not surprised at all with the way the FS runs things up there.

just a few notes on subject, a few yrs ago was mad at f/s over same thing only thing is fs turns it over to groomers on gate closure and when to open it, also someone damaged one of grooming machines a few yrs ago when gate was open so groomers are really wanting gates closed to also protect their machines, also some of guys grooming can't drive in snow (go figure) and on top of this great snow up high and nada down low.

one thing that would help is if there was another gate up by last gravel pit to keep all happy, hey just remember to carry chains up there so there won't be so much carnage to all wrecked cars/trucks/lookilus on the 12 deg grades and f/s having to sort it all out all winter long.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I wanted to say something about the groomers there. I didn’t as I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers. But since the cats outa the bag.....
This IS the management problem and needs changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Nov 19, 2010
You are correct. The lazy state is leaving it up to the lazy plow service to run the show. We heard the gate had been opened so we went up early. Got there and the plow guy in old beater and bald tires had the road blocked. Closing the gate very bottom! WTF! Quote- "The state requires it because they are liable if you slide off the icy road.". BS- try and see how far you get. There was a car stuck and he just watched. Buddy pulled it out. There was maybe a 1/2 inch of slush at the bottom. No snow until past the parking lot that should have been open(One with the outhouses we paid too much for). If you can't get your rig up the hill and don't have chains you should be fined. Now the lazy Fers are making our areas unaccusable to stop morons from driving off the mountain in cars. Fire the current lazy dirt bags. It was X-Mas Eve day. People are off and they want to enjoy what we are already paying for! The plower wanted to be at home instead of doing his job. Tip to the Plow idiots and the state. You need a Minimum of 4" run sleds. Grinding your ski's for miles is not snowmobiling. It is destroying your equipment. Way easier to get a groomer who cares about the sledder.

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
I would be interested in hearing from JETJOHNSO (Dan from Jet Chevrolet) has to say on this gate/parking subject?

He seems to have his finger on the pulse of the grooming at Greenwater year after year and I'd like to hear if this issue can be addressed somehow?

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
On Monday we drove up to the upper snow park 1” of snow/ice on the road great traction unloaded the sled and were getting ready and the groomer operator made us load back up and drive down so they could lock the gate.
If they didn’t have old ****ty equipment there plow wouldn’t of broken in half. Ruined a set of carbides that day riding all that asphalt.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
On Monday we drove up to the upper snow park 1” of snow/ice on the road great traction unloaded the sled and were getting ready and the groomer operator made us load back up and drive down so they could lock the gate.
If they didn’t have old ****ty equipment there plow wouldn’t of broken in half. Ruined a set of carbides that day riding all that asphalt.

That is freaking amazing right there. I've said it a lot in the past, it is all about reading the road conditions correctly up there and having some common sense.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Isnt there a rule the state requires on equipment used and if its paid for or not by the service provider?
Again fingers being pointed back to the contracted groomer.
Call Back CountryPlowing, they’re just right down the street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Excellent. So GW is even more of a crap show than usual?
I’m so effing sick of this state.....
Been stuck up top where truck n trailer parked halfway down to the bottom and grind out miles on bare road because they plowed the road mid day.
Just so the tweakers could get up there and scare my kids!
(Left the kids and my snowbike and 1 sled up top and rode an old sled down to the truck, remove chains, drive down turn around, back to the top to find the rest of the sledders gone and some dirt bags in an old Jeep sitting there eyeballin my kids. Mother effers took off quick as soon as the kids told me what was going on and I headed over to their rig. Oldest boy is almost 16 now. Guess I’ll leave him with a pistole now thanks to the groomers and crackheads!)

Norracks

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Lake Tapps, Wa.
We went up to green water yesterday afternoon parked at the lower snow park Not a ton of snow to ride on a until Pyramid but Enough only problem we had was a couple of trucks parked in the turnaround Unloading . It was snowing pretty good on the way out we had Snow all the way to 410

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
^ Good report. Hope to get home to some good snow!
Re: Trucks unloading in the turnaround= typical white trash GW behavior.
Beats a coupe years ago, when some tool bag unloaded and left his rig in the turnaround.....

Premium Features