• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska-$1000 Reward to anyone who recovers our Motor

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
$1000 - Cash Reward offered to anyone who can get our 2011 Long Rod Motor back.

On the Date of 10/23/2017 He ordered a Custom Built 2011 Long Rod with a
Lite-weight crankshaft, Custom head.

( plus he rode it all winter ) instead of looking for a Job.

He did say several times I will make payments on it, I promise you will get your money.

He said he will call weekly with updates.

He used a credit card from a Lady he was doing construction work for. she Called her card company and they reversed the charges ....... 3 mouths later the funds were pulled from our account.

** ( THREE MOUTHS LATER !! ) ** I still can't beleive this is possible. ) How can this be done that long after the sale ?

only have a PO Box address.

Can anyone track down his home address ?

William Stephens
P.O. Box 257
Willow AK 99688

I will not be following this thread daily.

Please call:
Indy SpecialtyLLC
23503 145th Ave
welch Mn 55089
651-388-9045

Last edited:

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I will ask around and let the local shops know as well incase they know him. The PO in Willow isn't too far from where Kyle and I live.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I will ask around and let the local shops know as well incase they know him. The PO in Willow isn't too far from where Kyle and I live.

Hey Thanks.

The guy seemed very sincere, and sounded like he was going to get it paid off quickly.

Now he no longer calls back.

I really wouldn't be all pissed off if he had not used the sled all winter.

Dan

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com

WOW !! The power of the Snowest Forum.

What a crazy dude !!

:noidea::noidea:

What a sad deal !! Man paralyzed is shooting :face-icon-small-fro:face-icon-small-sad

If anyone can fine his sled and let me know where it's at so I can start the legal
Process to get the motor back I will donate the balance of the motor's $4000 value ( aside the $1000 reward ) to the victim's hospital bills.

Thanks MX86 for your swift findings !

Dan

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska

If you scroll down to the comments on this article it sounds like this is a mess. I lived in Palmer Alaska for 12 years, not far from there. After living all over the US for 20 years in the military I will say there are some really awesome people in Alaska, however, everywhere seems to have some of the bad. I hope you get your motor back! And Dan, thanks for what you do!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Dollar to a donut the sled has been flipped or parted out. Billy-boy is likely on the run, too, if he's not in the pokey already. And the paralyzed dude was a known drug dealer. Sounds like an AK version of Better call Saul.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Back to the 850 Long Rod Project.

Ghetto lakes finest.

Wow, sad to say there are sum people that just can't seem to get their heads out
Of their a$$es.

Prayn4snow........ You said a mouthful it sure looks like a mess. And Thank you !

Reg ...... My guess is you are dead on correct.

Time to stop thinking about this loser..... Got the first run of prototype Long Rods & New Heads done for the new 850, Hope to have a few done and ready by Haydays.

Thank you !! to everyone for helping to wrap this up so I don't have to think about it anymore. Chit happens.

Dan

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I'm just gonna my 800pro engine to you to live and reassemble. I forgot how to assemble it and I have taken up drinking this summer. I will ship in an empty beer case. Im sending a new clutch for Dan caressment and live.
I won't ask for credit. Promise.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
IndyDan-- get in touch with the prosecuting attorney for Willow Lake and tell him about the engine the guy stole. It could become part of the entire criminal case, and get you the engine or restitution.
Sorry- no more help on how to because I don't know Alaska law and how their prosecution system is set up- varies from from state to state. Colorado uses districts that have one or more counties and the (locally elected) district attorney would be prosecuting the shooting, and probably be the prosecutor for a criminal case over the engine.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
good idea

IndyDan-- get in touch with the prosecuting attorney for Willow Lake and tell him about the engine the guy stole. It could become part of the entire criminal case, and get you the engine or restitution.
Sorry- no more help on how to because I don't know Alaska law and how their prosecution system is set up- varies from from state to state. Colorado uses districts that have one or more counties and the (locally elected) district attorney would be prosecuting the shooting, and probably be the prosecutor for a criminal case over the engine.

I will surely try that !

Thank you !

Premium Features