• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 XM 800 wont start on incline?

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Hello,

My XM when stuck and the sled is unlevel will not start. I have to lift it up so it is level to get it to start. Also one time when riding up a steeper incline hit died on me. Its almost like the fuel pick up in the gas tank is plugged or something? Anyone have this experience.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Hello,

My XM when stuck and the sled is unlevel will not start. I have to lift it up so it is level to get it to start. Also one time when riding up a steeper incline hit died on me. Its almost like the fuel pick up in the gas tank is plugged or something? Anyone have this experience.

There is another thread on here explaning this issue it's probably your fuel pressure regulater coming apart just needs some washers to hold it in

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Hello,

had the same problem with my 13 in 2014 about 700 miles on it and kept getting worse so took it in as I still had warrenty and as others said fuel reg was coming apart, they wouldn't fix reg but put a new one on it and still running great today.

Premium Features