• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Terrain dominator suspention setup

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
I am looking at a 15 800 163 Terrain dominator. I am 215 in Gear. What is a good baseline setup for preload compression dampening ETC. This sled looks like it should handle the junk and bumps on the trip into the mountains. Please share your experience and setup.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The TD has the clickers right? I believe so....I'm about your same weight and played with my setup a bit before getting it how I liked it. I have it set up for boondocking and general goofing around, and do a little jumping/drops but nothing huge.

- RTS spring set for my weight as per manual
- RTS remote-reservoir 4 or 5 clicks out from full soft
- FTS about 1" threads showing (this will handle poorly on corners on the road/trail - if you don't like that, loosen a little at a time until it gets where you want it)

- Front ski shock spring - with the skis off the ground, loosen the springs until you can rattle the spring/cup around slightly - then tighten them a few turns from there. They are pretty stiff springs for a boondocking setup
- Front ski shock remote reservoirs - 4 clicks from full soft

I am quite happy with that. I think a lot of people are trying to use the remote reservoir "clickers" to do all their suspension tuning, when the springs are a huge part of it.

Premium Features