• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nikon D90 Digigtal SLR with Movie Mode

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Who has them and how do you like them??

I've been using a Canon S2IS for the last few years... It shoots decent pictures and decent video.....

I've always wanted a Digital SLR for the Awsome pictures and Nikon seems to make some nice stuff....

I see now that the D90 is able to shoot HD movie mode at something like 1020x720..... But only 24 fps...??? even the new Canon's shoot 60 fps....

Does anybody have one and how do you like it??

Sounds like a camera that can do both job's well enough for posting on the internet when you have to compress everything anyway's for storage purpose's....

I know the which camera and why has been done to death.... but this D90 sounds good?? Any opinions to avoid having to purchase both a DSLR and a Video Cam. ???

T.I.A.

I
Nov 26, 2007
A little off topic but the new canon shoots amazing HD...I saw a promo vid shot with it and you would've thought it was a $10K HD video camera, not a DSLR

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
A little off topic but the new canon shoots amazing HD...I saw a promo vid shot with it and you would've thought it was a $10K HD video camera, not a DSLR

Not off topic at all.... I'm interested in DSLR's and never thought they would have Video Mode any time soon.... Which Canon does both? I've had nothing but great things to say about my Canon's!!!

All the reviews about the D90 rate it as excellent, but you're going to really increase your backpack load with camera body/lenses/protective gear if you replace your S2.
I like those S2/S3/S5's.... awesome pics. considering the zoom range of the lense.

Ya the load will be a bit bigger with a DSLR But I love fine quality photo's and think it may be worth it..... I agree that the Optical Zoom on the S2/S3/S5's are awsome... and I have been contemplating going that route... Maybe I need to research a bit more......

But I do love the Wide screen format and the rich colours with HD.....

As for fps, there's plenty of D90 video out there now to check out:

http://vimeo.com/D90

Video looks amazing.... I just wonder how much it would break the bank to have all of the different Lens's to shoot like that......

What should a guy get for editing software??

I've used Window's movie maker, and Adobe..... I know I'm going to need a new quad core processor to throw that much information around..... But it's worth it to have epic Ride's on file!!!

:beer;

Last edited:
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
the Canon EOS 5D Mark II shoots 1080P!! 21Megapixels!

review

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos5dmarkII/

video samples (not the one I saw...can't find it)

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos5dmarkII/page15.asp

It isn't cheap though :(
US: $ 2,699

Wow.. that is one heck of a camera.... Not sure how I would feel bumping and jumping in the back country with such a costly camera..... Impressive to say the least!!!

Few more years and that will be a nice standard for the majority!!!

:beer;

Premium Features