• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BEST mod for the ol 1M

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Sorry...I can't pick just one. It is the combination of Wildchild forward mount post, Boss Highrise seat and RSI risers and bars....

RSIBars027.jpg

Can you show pics of the mods to the hood and a pic of the post mount with the hood up.

Thanks

this is the same mount and post except for the top

0409091630.jpg

0409091631.jpg

Nov 21, 2009
Yes, indexing gauges is always good, especially if you have more than one such as temp, voltage, etc. I see it done more in cars but it makes it much easier to tell...if it's not straight up (or wherever you index them to) then you know somethings up with a simple glance!

D
Dec 10, 2008
Ditch banger, What is the race can? As for reeds which one, V3 or Boyson? Hope this is not a joke?

Mike

the can I got from a friend. it was sold as a race silencer it is alot louder then the last slp can I put on it. it adds about 6 horses. as for reeds i run the v-force 3s. they help throttle response alot.

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
I completle agree with the forward mount post, it is by far the best mod, nothing even comes close it you do anything more then just open bowls.

The second best mod ive done is a Vanabruge tunnel with a drop and roll and an extra inch of clearance. It was a heck of a lot of work but the sled would side hill easier, no frozen snow on the running boards and as a bounse it would absoultly demo a comparable sled with the sock tunnel, also looked wicked.

pardon the question...but bought an '07 M1000 last year...been trying to search for the forward mount post...can't find it? anybody have a link to a write up or page where I could see what this is about?

thx...
:beer;

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
M series already have the post forward (effectively) from the factory. The issue is the older sleds,King Cats and the '04 (1M as opposed to your M1 or M1000) and older mountain type sleds. On those sleds many feel the forward post is a great upgrade.

Feb 4, 2009
WA
o4modcat

handling is of the most importance get your front skis under control first thing off bought aset of snowstuff skies from JRgram best spent money ever some guys will say cheap but welworth it save some doe . dont nock it till you try it.

castlesledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Northcentral Washington
Did a forward mount post this fall, here is what I did with the hole left from the post, the key and choke looked very inviting to my knees on the factory pod:

posthole1.jpg

posthole2.jpg

3 rides on it now, it changed the whole sled for the better. Also modified the rear of the tunnel / bumper, and I definitely think it has improved deep snow performance / side hilling.

ac3.jpg

Thanks to the posts on this forum for some real inspiration.

F
best mod is clutching and gearing, change the helix to a 49 degree get erlandson springs white for the primary, and black for the secondary, change your gearing out to 20 over 43, you will have to add a link to your chain and it is a tight fit in the chain case but it does fit. this is the best mod I did to my 1M, second is Jaws twin pipes I run a 900 efi. the pipes work great I do have a boondocker fuel controller

Last edited:

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
not sure if this was said already but another one of my the top mods that i did was put an M1 recoil on my 900....sooooo much more friendly on those cold cold days

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
I am big fan of the forward mounted +2 post. Mine came from CR racing [ I am from Canada ] Sled Junkie drop brackets with the Camo 16 x 162 extreme.
Boss seat get you standing quicker and snow eliminators or similar are a must.
Some like them some not but Simmons skis are right for me. Must like them a lot as I have owned 5+ sets over the last few years.

Last edited:
Premium Features