• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys crank in Pro motor?

C
Jul 30, 2011
Smithfield Ut
The search feature is failing me. I am looking for someone with real world feedback on putting an Axys crank in a Pro motor. I have read the threads saying it will work, but have not seen feedback from someone who has ran it. Did it make a difference, did you have to make any other changes for it to run correctly? I will be putting a turbo on it when it goes back together. If it were you would you put a pro or an Axys crank in it? Thanks

J

jonasumb

Nov 27, 2012
Boise/McCall Idaho
Get a hold of Carl's Cycle. They have been doing that since last season. Send them a pm on here. I bet they will get back to you ASAP.
From my understanding of it the only downside is to your wallet. But if you are already in the process of a rebuild then. The wallet has already been hit.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
I rode two identical Boondocker water to air kits back to back two weeks ago, one with axys crank and one with pro crank. The difference is so small I'd be embarrassed spending the money for it. Pulling a shim out of your primary clutch to tighten belt clearance and running boondockers reverse angle turbo helix can make the original crank set up very snappy on bottom end. There is a slight improvement on the on/off throttle but it will not make your pro feel like the axys motor...you'd have to have the new full exhaust valve control that the axys motor has to accomplish that

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I ran a 15 Pro turbo last year with a ported motor and AXYS crank. I also rode stock motor Pro Turbos last year and I could tell the difference. The throttle response was a better and it made the sled feel lighter in my opinion. Carls built the sled.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Just posted on this identical thread in the Pro section. When Dynotech Research dyno'ed the same engine with the porkchop and without they couldn't get anything more out of the porkchop crank. The HP/TQ where basically identical. Will take 2.5 lb's off the total weight of your sled though! The engine was a SLP stage 3 or 4 setup.

Premium Features