• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How airtight should a turbo be?

JACKAL

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Wenatchee
I am new to the Turbo thing and am not sure how airtight you can get the system. I get a few bubbles of air coming out of the turbo to pipe doughnut, it will hold 10 pounds but leaks down to under 5 over a coupe of minutes. Should I replace the doughnut or is this about as good as you can get have less then 200 miles on this one.

Thanks

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Silicone the connections. You can use a lot of products... I like to use Yammabond 6B.

As many springs as possible. If that doesn't work, you can use a bolt together connector like OVS, or Turbo Performace

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I am new to the Turbo thing and am not sure how airtight you can get the system. I get a few bubbles of air coming out of the turbo to pipe doughnut, it will hold 10 pounds but leaks down to under 5 over a coupe of minutes. Should I replace the doughnut or is this about as good as you can get have less then 200 miles on this one.

Thanks

This is fine.

Premium Features