• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My FX Nytro Turbo build

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Nice work as allways Peter!! What size Turbo is that?? when U plan on having it back on the snow??
Keep the pictures coming.
BC.

It's a 2860RS. It's gotta be done for the forum ride in Pemberton. Looking forward to riding there again. The fuel tank is next on the list.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
looking good did you build the header yourself & what are you using for a tank.i like what you have done,i have been thinking of doing similar with my alpine system,would like the turbo weight lower + where mine sits now you have to take the turbo off to change plugs:face-icon-small-dis.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Yes, built the header. It will be a custom tank like the Impulse but different. I want the fuel weight away from the stock location and towards the rear of the sled. It creates better weight distribution, and keeps the fuel tank away from extreme heat sources.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Build looks clean! :thumb: Nice work. :beer; You realize that motor only has 3 holes right? :doh:

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
Very nice build. Alot of work to build from scratch but thats half the fun :)

Why did you go for the intake down there and not up tru the old filler(like Impulse)?

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Wanted something different, and wanted to attenuate some of the intake noise. Also keeps the intake air tract out of the hot area. Makes things less cluttered and easier to get to as well.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
Wanted something different, and wanted to attenuate some of the intake noise. Also keeps the intake air tract out of the hot area. Makes things less cluttered and easier to get to as well.

Yes I had a feeling the intake noise was one of the reasons.... Its pretty noticable on the impulse, but hey so is also the exhaust!:face-icon-small-blu

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Yes I had a feeling the intake noise was one of the reasons.... Its pretty noticable on the impulse, but hey so is also the exhaust!:face-icon-small-blu

That's also the reason I'm not going with a tunnel dump. Coming together finally.....tank is off to powder coat.

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
You could make some bucks making custom gas tanks/seat combos for nytros and apex's that hold more fuel and in different location. Midwest guys want stock exhaust more range, west guys want farther back and same range or slightly more.

Very professional set up.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Fuel tank's all done. Powder coated crinkle black. Internal plumbing went very well. Multi pick up with baffling. No internal pump.

100_0826.jpg 100_0827.jpg 100_0828.jpg

Premium Features