• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Official Mirage Trailer Links/Discussion Thread

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Just trying to keep the Truck/Trailer section de-junked, and trying to make it easier for anyone wanting to start a similar thread to have all the info they need right at their fingertips. Here are links to the most recent Mirage-based discussions. Feel free to read through them and carry on discussions in this thread whether it be good, bad, or both.

Enjoy.

Mirage Trailers-excellent experience

MIRAGE / BALBOA TRAILERS ARE JUNK!!!

Mirage Trailers and staff are the best!!

Mirage Trailers

MIRAGE BLACKOUT REVIEWS

Mirage Trailer Warranty

Looking at a loaded up Mirage need opinions and help

Caution Buying Mirage Trailer.

happy w your mirage x box?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm just thankful we are not cluttering this section up with threads like these from every manufacturer.

F__k 'til Friday people........do you really need to start a new thread with each comment?

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Apparently some people have it out to boost their post count by rambling the same useless crap on some threads that aren't even relevant to what they are trying to get across. If they realized I built a thread just for peeps to post till their hearts content about Mirage trailers (or at least til post 75 for all you basic members) that continually want to get a load of your chest.

This is the place to do it. Right here in the 'Official Mirage Links/Discussion Thread'. :face-icon-small-hap

racer

Last edited:

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Just to clarify my stance (as copied from a response to a different post from Dale in a different Mirage based thread)

No, not really. I'll be realistic with you. I'm definitely not one to troll on here and bash the people that are already bashing something. I'm just not all that sympathetic about a situation that seems so 'chronic', yet all these people seem so surprised when they have an issue with their Mirage. I also don't think it is relevant to create a bunch of user accounts on different forums to try and prove a point.

I have a good friend that has had 2 fully setup Mirage trailers in the last 5 years with 0 issues. Built clean, nothing falling off, no axles breaking, good quality trailers. Is it obvious that they have some quality control issues? Yes. Won't disagree there. Would you go pay $40k for a truck just because it looked good on the outside and a salesman 'suckered' you into believing it was a great vehicle? Would you spend $10k+ on a sled under the same circumstance? A house for $200k+? No, you wouldn't. You would do your homework on it and know exactly what you were buying and what reputation to expect for who you are dealing with.

The information is out there. Mirage has been around a lot longer than the last 3-4 years with thousands of trailers being sold. Having a background from working at a powersports dealership I have plenty of experience with customers coming back with issues on a number of things. The attitude of the customer, condition of the vehicle, dates in relation to warranty periods all factor into what a dealer/manufacturer have to deal with. We don't just pick and choose who we want to make things right with as they walk through the door. There's always 2 sides to every story. Seems like we only hearing 1 of them about Mirage trailers as the days go by. Understand now why I don't just respond with a heart felt message of sympathy every time a new bash thread is started?

racer

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks for the thread bro.
Apparently some people have it out to boost their post count by rambling the same useless crap on some threads that aren't even relevant to what they are trying to get across. If he they realized I built a thread just for peeps to post till their hearts content about Mirage trailers (or at least til post 75 for all you basic members) that continually want to get a load of your chest.

This is the place to do it. Right here in the 'Official Mirage Links/Discussion Thread'. :face-icon-small-hap

racer

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Sorry if you've miss read something here, there is no hate. Wouldn't you be upset if this were your trailer less than 2 years old? Just sayin.

Anytime Dale. Just trying to consolidate the hate so other useful threads don't get 'lost in the mix'.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Mirage trailers are alot like eggs......

1st they said "Eggs are good for you"

Then they said "Eggs are bad for you"

Then they said "The whites are good, the yokes are bad"

blah, blah, blah

So what is it?

Are these trailers good or bad?

Or are the trailers good & the dealers bad?

Or are the dealers good & the owners bad?

Or are the owners good & the trailers bad?

You people are freaking goofy I tell you!

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Sorry if you've miss read something here, there is no hate. Wouldn't you be upset if this were your trailer less than 2 years old? Just sayin.

No worries Dale. Just a figure of speech, I have no hard feelings against anyone on the forum. It's truly just a matter of understanding exactly what point is trying to come across. Also, help me understand this. You keep saying the trailer was 'less than 2 years old' and 'still under warranty' and such. The warranty is clearly 1 year according to Mirage. Exactly how old was the trailer in relation to the original owners purchase date and the date when the factory warranty would have expired?

Trust me when I say YES, I would be pointing the finger if my equipment required repair while still under warranty.

I have also accepted the liability that comes with buying stuff outside of warranty periods, or by third-party purchases where it is clearly stated that a warranty does not transfer. Does it suck when something goes wrong and needs fixed? Sure does. Your situation is definitely worse than anything I have had to deal with, but what do you do?

A question that hasn't been asked is 'Did you have insurance on the trailer, and would that have covered any of the costs of getting the damage repaired?'

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Dale Deluag "The Truth"

It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned futher, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

Premium Features