• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 mcat 900 efi half throttle bog

G
Mar 26, 2011
hey all...
bought a strong runnin sled... well for a day or two... it now bogs real bad at half throttle. If i go full out there are no probs and if i stay under a 1/4 its fine too, but if i try to go half throttle it sounds like its only running on one cyl. I have cleaned the pv's, compression is 121 120, plugs, fuel selector wire, throttle bushings are good, i did find that my throttle cable was almost toast, but it was still doing its job... havent owned a sled for about 15 years, things have changed... any thoughts would be appreciated
thanks
T

G
Jan 2, 2008
N. Idaho/N. Cal
Iwould check the adjustment on the power valve cables.
the cables need to be 1.51in. on the servo end. But the servo doesn't cycle until over 7000 rpm. Your problem sounds more like 4-cycling/to rich or fouling plugs. my 900 had a similar problem during break in as I was running extra oil and fouled my plugs in the first 100 miles. Had to pull more than 2-3 time to start. New plugs. I would check to see how much oil you are using.

Premium Features