• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I want to see some pump gas turboed nytros!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Ok! Would you guys please post pics and info on your turboed nytros!!

Every one told me the go with a pump gas impulse turbo but lets see!
Highest hp on pump!!

Justin:beer;:D

HAPPY 2010 :beer;

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
2010 nytro with pump gas impulse turbo and it rocks

thanks!
So it sounds like impulse is the way to go? Do you think there will be any for sale in june- july? Like already turboed ones with tunnels, skids etc?? yeah a dumb question but!

Justin

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
OK so this is my idea of a sled!

08 nytro, impulse turbo, 174" track, i good skid, and a good tunnel!!
Are the turbo kits on the 08s the same kits as the one on your sled wpnyturbo??

W

wpnyturbo

Oct 15, 2009
after getting my skid adjusted it is working fine with the turbo so far for the horse power 10hp fir every pound if boost im running 15lbs and yes it is the same for the 08 but now there is the stand alone fuel management that is workin great just turn the key and go and also you can ride up to 17lbs at altitude on 91 octane pump gas.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
after getting my skid adjusted it is working fine with the turbo so far for the horse power 10hp fir every pound if boost im running 15lbs and yes it is the same for the 08 but now there is the stand alone fuel management that is workin great just turn the key and go and also you can ride up to 17lbs at altitude on 91 octane pump gas.

KK!
so on the 08s you can only go to 15 PSI boost?
unless the kit was just installed??

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
2Wheel set up

First ride today !
Love my MCX !

I was told that a TNytro should run more than 2 wheels on the back end. I rigged 4 of OFT's into mine. Looks good and should deal with concerns of only 2 wheels to deal with the hp.
I also installed(mostly had friends install)a Hartman extention and got rid of the boards going all the way back on the rear end. Looks very nice and should help out in the deep stuff to. Actuall my buddy that did his stocker '09 MTX says he was very impressed with the way it keeps going compared to the stock set-up. Gives you some of the benifeits of the aftermarket tunnels at a fraction of the cost and looks much better(similar to the 2010)He's running a Camo too though which I know would have made a huge difference.
The TS skid will keep the front end down it just needs some tuning. There's guys pulling the big shutes in Revy with TS so I'm sure they will work fine for the average Joe.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
08 Anniv. Nytro...A few mods to it...but breather is a mid mount Cast Header is one of the original NW turboWorks ones (Now Ulmer Racing) I have it dialed baxck to 9 PSI, as I like to have baby boost...the rest scares me :)

IMG_0328.jpg

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ok so what is a better turbo mount?? frount mount, mid mount, or rear mount??
on the impulse turbo, how high can you go on boost? 21 PSI?(running race gas) not that I would ever have to run race but just asking!!

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Likely the best place for the turbo is closest to the cyl head as possible. So what people call a mid mount then, but Alpines is not really a front mount as it still behind the engine. Only real front mount that was out there was lighting pro from MI, it was in front of the engine. They only made them for RX1's. Turbo companys for mid mounts are Impluse & Umler, left of center would be Alpine, rear mounts would be powderlites & mcx, this for the nytro. Any other turbo kits out there for the nytro? The impulse kit would be a great choice @ 17lbs on pump fuel. It will be a hand full, likely never going to need more than that. It sure is fun.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Likely the best place for the turbo is closest to the cyl head as possible. So what people call a mid mount then, but Alpines is not really a front mount as it still behind the engine. Only real front mount that was out there was lighting pro from MI, it was in front of the engine. They only made them for RX1's. Turbo companys for mid mounts are Impluse & Umler, left of center would be Alpine, rear mounts would be powderlites & mcx, this for the nytro. Any other turbo kits out there for the nytro? The impulse kit would be a great choice @ 17lbs on pump fuel. It will be a hand full, likely never going to need more than that. It sure is fun.

KK!~!

Impulse it is then!!
Thx for all the info!!

J:D

Premium Features