• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crazy idea but still want your opinion!!! F1000 engine in a Polaris edge chassis

M
Sep 12, 2008
N-B Canada
Here's the thing, I found a 07 F1000 completely totaled. (guy bought it back from his issurance company) Engine, clutches, electrical, diamond drive and engine mounts are good every other part is junk or close.

I see alot of guys on this and other web sites installing 900 ,1200 big bore engines into these chassis So why not me??? I have access to all parts needed from the donor sled.

Here's the deal, My 01 Polaris XC700sp non ves 124hp (144 x 2) is in good shape but lacks the power to ride with most of my buddies that have 140+ hp especially off trail.(also engine has 10000miles versus 3500miles F1000)

I would love to trade my sled for newer more powerful sled but have a limited budget this year (Loans ending this year)

NOW, CAN THIS BE DONE!!! LOL!!!

I am a licensed automotive tech, have my own garage with welder torches etc.. and have access to tig and milling tools (buddy is a machinist)

From the looks of it, the f1000 engine looks like it could fit into the edge chassis. I guess the most scariest part is getting everything lined up properly engine, clutches etc

Should I try to use the diamond drive system or try to mod my primary clutch to the f1000 engine?????.

Here is the major things that would need looking into--

-diamond drive
-brake system
-exhaust
-clutches
-electrical
-throttle body
-engine mounts
-belt
-fuel pump

and more..

Also I know that if I mod the exhaust to fit I might lose some hp but with 160+ who cares if I lose a few hp's. I would have to keep an eye on my plugs and if worst comes to worst get the ecm reprogrammed.

I ain't expecting this to be a walk in the park but I love this kind of stuff, who likes stock!!!! LoL!!

Please, would love some feedback on the projet.

Thanks

Mike

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Do it. I put a M1000 motor in a IQR 440 chassis. Lots of fabrication and work and time and money but worth it. If you have any questions let me know.

M
Sep 12, 2008
N-B Canada
Do it. I put a M1000 motor in a IQR 440 chassis. Lots of fabrication and work and time and money but worth it. If you have any questions let me know.

Do you have pics? More info would be awesome!

What did you use for clutches, diamond drive?
Fuel pump?
Exhaust?

You now have a best friend LOLOLOL!!!!

Thanks

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
DSC04489.jpg

DSC04457.jpg

DSC04461.jpg

Im using Cat primary and Team secondary with the Polaris chaincase. The fuel pump is a Cat modified for the Polaris sending unit. You could maybe use the stock Cat setup modified to fit in the Edge tank. Exhaust is a F1000 pipe fitted to my chassis. You might as well do a turbo while your at it. I can help with that too.

M
Sep 12, 2008
N-B Canada
DSC04489.jpg

DSC04457.jpg

DSC04461.jpg

Im using Cat primary and Team secondary with the Polaris chaincase. The fuel pump is a Cat modified for the Polaris sending unit. You could maybe use the stock Cat setup modified to fit in the Edge tank. Exhaust is a F1000 pipe fitted to my chassis. You might as well do a turbo while your at it. I can help with that too.

Wow, the IQ chassis seems alot more tight then an edge chassis.

Stupid question but what kind of belt or you running.

As for the turbo, I'll start with 150+HP'S and see if more is neccesary. If everything goes well, instead of buying a newer sled in the future maybe some other mods could happen (boondocker, turbo and loosing the heavy edge suspension etc...)

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Im using a Yamaha Apex belt. Really close to the IQR belt. You just need to get your motor sitting on a plate and see what the centers are.

Premium Features