• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best wheelie stop on a budget

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Pretty simple question, im not interested in a complete skid or or going to a 162 or anything like that as I cant afford it (and love the 155), SO, whats the best affordable wheelie stopper on the market right now and does it effect the "fun" factor on the sled. I love how the thing rides I just wish the front end would stay down a bit more was its really deep. That being said I love being able to keep the front end nice and high most of the time! Just not when im trying to do a technical steep line.... So its needs to be easily adjustable. Lets hear your guys opinions!

Video from the other day showing the "issue" at hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiPrpoeUpfs&feature=youtu.be

D
Jan 9, 2011
Minnesota
I love my timbersled coupled skid so I can control ski pressure if I want to wheelie and how much. But fox has designed the ARC that is probably the best fix for this issue. Gotta buy a few other necessities when turboing a sled.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
Zborz make a coupling system for the Pro, It called the K.I.S.S. system. It is basically coupling blocks for the stock skid. $ 160.00 I think.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Wheelie

I've had good luck with a stock pro by moving the front skid arm back 3/4 inch in the tunnel...if you look on the steel braces inside the tunnel you will see little holes drilled in that piece. You have to put a ratchet strap on the rear shock to get the back bolts to line up but that extra preload seems to help. Will have a turbo on mine this week so hopefully that is enough.

What's done to the cat in the video? Also the sled won't go downhill as fast if the tether is used.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I've had good luck with a stock pro by moving the front skid arm back 3/4 inch in the tunnel...if you look on the steel braces inside the tunnel you will see little holes drilled in that piece. You have to put a ratchet strap on the rear shock to get the back bolts to line up but that extra preload seems to help. Will have a turbo on mine this week so hopefully that is enough.

What's done to the cat in the video? Also the sled won't go downhill as fast if the tether is used.

Knew someone what going to say something about the tether... I know I know... And the cat is a bone stock 15 162, those things rip for stock sleds, not sure if its just the gopro he has on or what but it definitely looks really fast compared to me.

google them and build your own

I like that idea acutally.

Sounds like lots of people like zbros ill look into them a bit

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
fasten a tractor weight to the front when you need it and take it off when you don't? That would be cheap.

J
Aug 13, 2015
This must be the cheapest design out there
index.php

Premium Features