• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rotax kart 125 2-stroke in 120?

I
Dec 27, 2009
I was talking to a friend the other day who races karts. The conversation sparked an idea. Has anyone put a Rotax 125 2-stroke kart motor into a 120 chasis? They can range from 7hp-38hp. Seems like a pretty potent little engine that still uses a clutch and chain. I don't have the engineering ability or tools to do it, but would love to see one!

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
While I generally agree that more power is always better, the 120 is already very snappy and I think has 14hp. Adding much more power would probably render the other aspects of the machine inadequate and thus the ridiculously expensive build up begins.

However, replacing a 60's engine with a 120 or one of these 125's might be a worth while endeavor. What would one of these cost, complete with clutch in the 15-20hp range?

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Opps! Just realized I linked into the youth section and you were referring to a zr120. I was thinking of the Snowhawk 120.

Premium Features