• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 jaws shark pipe, y-pipe, can...

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
Gents,

Considering the full jaws exhaust. I’ve had good luck with these in the past on my cats. Can’t find much for reviews on the 850... anyone running this setup?

Thanks
Bru

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
I’ll get the full pipe setup and report back. I did contact jaws and they confirmed no need for a fuel controller on the big shark pipe kit.

Bru

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
Got one coming. I’ll take some pics when I get it installed. I’ve had jaws kits before. They work well... was a tight fit on the top bend of the pipe. Be interesting to see if that is the case on these as well.

Bru

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Latest info on Jaws site is the pipe is available for 0-3000' but testing is ongoing for 3000' plus. interesting that the pipe appears to include a Y pipe, sent an inquiry but no response so far, saw a previous video saying no gains on the 850 Y pipe( Daly) so just curious?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Latest info on Jaws site is the pipe is available for 0-3000' but testing is ongoing for 3000' plus. interesting that the pipe appears to include a Y pipe, sent an inquiry but no response so far, saw a previous video saying no gains on the 850 Y pipe( Daly) so just curious?

That’s a old video the progression of y pipes have shown in the last year that longer y pipes make 3 hp on dyno. Slp and dynoports both incorporates a longer y pipe. If you go to rich Daley on his Facebook page he has pics of y pipe and pipe new for this year.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Surprised there is not more talk about these. The ship dates were a month out until they posted up some pics on FB about the high altitude kits this week. Now they are 6-8 weeks out. I wouldn't have said anything here except that I have my two sets on order already, lol. The clamshell is a huge upgrade over the ceramic SLP. No more tearing foam out and adding 10 pounds of heat tape!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
191 with race gas and max timing. :)

Yep that’s some big gains lots of timing added and 105 octane to reach that power level but they ran it for 45 seconds with no sign of det.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Surprised there is not more talk about these. The ship dates were a month out until they posted up some pics on FB about the high altitude kits this week. Now they are 6-8 weeks out. I wouldn't have said anything here except that I have my two sets on order already, lol. The clamshell is a huge upgrade over the ceramic SLP. No more tearing foam out and adding 10 pounds of heat tape!

That was my biggest issue running the SLP single pipe last season, the shear amount of heat tape and hrs it takes to make everything that could melt is covered . You can’t get by with normal heat tape either since it only withstands around 180 degrees. I had to find some stuff that NASCAR used to keep from melting everything.

Looking forward to hearing results from guys that got on the list early this year for the Jaws.
Cause 6-8 weeks out might as well be next season.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yep that’s some big gains lots of timing added and 105 octane to reach that power level but they ran it for 45 seconds with no sign of det.

Right? That just shows the potential that the 850 has, 45 seconds wide open, no heat soak or loss of power. With 191 horse. We are going to be on 220 horse stock sleds soon, with a warranty. (My 220 horse M1000 scared the crap out of me, it would go up where I was not willing to go down, lol.)

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That was my biggest issue running the SLP single pipe last season, the shear amount of heat tape and hrs it takes to make everything that could melt is covered . You can’t get by with normal heat tape either since it only withstands around 180 degrees. I had to find some stuff that NASCAR used to keep from melting everything.

Looking forward to hearing results from guys that got on the list early this year for the Jaws.
Cause 6-8 weeks out might as well be next season.
Yah, there was one installed here by Mountain Tech, he said that it was silly how much tape it took too. But that it really worked well once it was installed. He is not a Doo guy so I took his reviews with a grain of salt, but it seems that Doo has left some power on the table with the pipes!
6-8 weeks out is just the beginning of the season here!
Trifecta: Ride sleds in the morning, dirt bikes in the afternoon, finish the day out on the lake. 4th of July usually.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Your on your own, they don’t sell clutching.

Premium Features