• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2019 Ski-Doo Vent Intake Upgrade Kit for 2017/2018 G4 Sleds

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
What's the point if the secondary doesn't have the fins? Also, it should be free to make up for they're original problem.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
What's the point if the secondary doesn't have the fins? Also, it should be free to make up for they're original problem.

Tested, still works well with 2017 and 2018 secondary. The belt issue with the G4 is less than 4%, the issue is biggest in BC and Sweden. Biggest elevation swing. If you are having an issue, like I said last year, to contact your local dealer, make a claim and now there is a fix which is motor mounts and a few other things depending on issues. That is a warranty bulletin for those having issues. This vent kit is a product update, just installing it won't cure those belt issues some are having, there for it is not a free upgrade. Cheers dave

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
#861805531 - it is also in the video along with pricing

Oh ya thanks 15 seconds into the video !

There are some fins on the earlier secondary clutches.

All the rotating masses will cause airflow as well as the temperature differential.

I agree the larger 2019 fins will move more air

Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
This kit should be the dealer answer if any of us with 2017/18s start having problems.

EDIT: As in warrantied answer...

Last edited:
D
May 24, 2012
Thanks for the video Dave! Great product and good price. We have been asking BRP to make product upgrade kits readily available to the consumer. I could not be happier to see they have made it happen with the mounts and now vent kit! The G4 is changing the game in more ways than one. By the way, I enjoyed your reference to CTV @ 44s. It's the type of blooper a Canadian would make :)

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Tested, still works well with 2017 and 2018 secondary. The belt issue with the G4 is less than 4%, the issue is biggest in BC and Sweden. Biggest elevation swing. If you are having an issue, like I said last year, to contact your local dealer, make a claim and now there is a fix which is motor mounts and a few other things depending on issues. That is a warranty bulletin for those having issues. This vent kit is a product update, just installing it won't cure those belt issues some are having, there for it is not a free upgrade. Cheers dave

BS on the belt issue. Less than 4% my rear. Both my 17 sleds and both my 18 sleds? I must be unlucky. I did claims, they went nowhere. Actually in 17 they gave me ONE belt. Yay. An honest "ambassador" goes a lot further than one that spews BS.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
How many 850's do you think they built?...

...how many of those are still in crates?...

...how many are flat lander sleds?...

...out of the remaining sleds, how many blew belts?

Ace

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
BS on the belt issue. Less than 4% my rear. Both my 17 sleds and both my 18 sleds? I must be unlucky. I did claims, they went nowhere. Actually in 17 they gave me ONE belt. Yay. An honest "ambassador" goes a lot further than one that spews BS.

HAHA me too. Both my 17 and 18. Couldn't get 100 miles out of a belt. I did return the belts in pieces in a sandwich bag and did have some luck getting them warrantied. Ski doo did call me and offered to fix both sleds as I did file claims with both.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
hmm, I just got my blow hole over the summer.... now what to do...

I have the blow hole too. Was thinking this could be the cats ass though. Sucking air in through the vent and out the blow hole! Could be better than having a finned secondary.

Be cool to see if it would work that way though. If so, I think I would drop the coin on it for sure!

D
May 24, 2012
HAHA me too. Both my 17 and 18. Couldn't get 100 miles out of a belt. I did return the belts in pieces in a sandwich bag and did have some luck getting them warrantied. Ski doo did call me and offered to fix both sleds as I did file claims with both.

Nice! That's how it's done. Open a case for each sled, provide blown belts and let BRP handle what they said they would.

R
Jun 15, 2011
I have the blow hole too. Was thinking this could be the cats ass though. Sucking air in through the vent and out the blow hole! Could be better than having a finned secondary.

Be cool to see if it would work that way though. If so, I think I would drop the coin on it for sure!

Has anyone checked if the vent is sucking or blowing? My doo dealer swears that air is blowing out the vent not sucking on their new '19s

Premium Features