• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Polaris predictions

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
No major changes in year 3. No new tracks. A special edition, not ruling out a very limited release low boost turbo RMK as a flagship, with or without a warranty, or some special shocks. You can do something close now for about the same money. More marketing.

The summit will continue to sell, but there's room for two in the mountain segment now. AC is not a threat, sleds or dealers, and due to changeover chassis soon, or will have a new CTEC 8 something, and Y doesn't exist. Poo will cruise in the mountain segment, hoping to make money, and continue to try and get trail market share in the flatlands. Lots of snow will help the industry, and help Poo and Doo the most. Without it, profits are hard to find in the sled biz.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Narrow front end on the RMK models
That's exactly what I was thinking. Ya beat me to it. I doubt a narrow (36") front end would be stock, but I sure wish they would offer the option. Where I ride, Polaris replacement parts are more readily available than Z-broz.

A 36" front is sooo much better, but it's too tippy for the average Joe. Kinda like my Wave blaster is much too tippy for Joe, so all jetskis are giant boring couches now.

Anyway, a 36" front end would make a Doo not look so fat. But.....that would be helping the competition, so it's gonna be BNG.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Typically for years, 3rd year production model has seen some improvements. I suspect we will see the same this year.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
redesigned front suspension like cats. beef the bulkhead where it mounts up, use slim chromoly a-arms, and ditch the boxed spindle design.
then drop the drivers enough for 8 tooths and fully clip the track.
then id be jealous.

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
I personally don't think you will ever see a "factory turbo" from any 2stoke manufacturer!! Never meet the EPA standards!!! What you might see is an oem factory warranty dealer install turbo!!!
Just my .02 could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
A belt drive for the 3" track sleds, and a narrow front end option.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I personally don't think you will ever see a "factory turbo" from any 2stoke manufacturer!! Never meet the EPA standards!!! What you might see is an oem factory warranty dealer install turbo!!!
Just my .02 could be wrong

Just like everyone said Yamaha would NEVER offer a "Factory Turbo" on their Viper..

Its coming....
Don't know that you will see it this spring, but I do think you are going to see an OEM Turbo....

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Just like everyone said Yamaha would NEVER offer a "Factory Turbo" on their Viper..

Its coming....
Don't know that you will see it this spring, but I do think you are going to see an OEM Turbo....

With the progress and shown reliability that turbo manufactures have done with BullyDog flashing of the ECU, im also thinking that a OEM turbo on a 2 stroke is possible. Turbo and 2 stroke have come a long way in the last 10years.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
A NON-Bike based, Snow-Bike

I'm still waiting for a non-bike based, snow-bike. But they bought the wrong Snow-Bike kit manufacture to bring that to fruition, IMO.

Guess I'll just have to build my own, like I do my sleds.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
they bring out a 900 motor. I know from a piston maker that they have ordered bigger pistons.........:face-icon-small-coo

very true. I would bet in a couple years the new chassis has an 850, that is actually an 855, which would be the old 900.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Why is this 850-900 thing so mysterious?? Bore it 3mm and make stickers ... That's what Cat did and every thundthchicken owner had to have the big bore ..

Pol 900= 855
Cat 900= 856
Doody = 850= 848

Screw Turbos !!!! Takes to long !l

Factory Installed Pro Charger or Supercharger on a 500 CC Triple !!! Works at every elevation . Doo and Cat will still try and catch up as Fugi ups the Volume to 800+ CC .. in small leaps like 650-680-750-800

Call It STORM !!!! You can just send the royalties for my great ideas to my wife !!

Carl's Has done plenty of Pros and now it's real quiet , maybe planning a sneak attack!!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
EPA standards are fleet averages, so there could be room for a limited volume model if they wanted/needed. The OEM factory dealer install is a great guess, another version of a 'factory' turbo, that they can market as a special edition of some sort.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Assuming changes will be similar to what they did in 2013. New seat, maybe boards, a little more carbon fiber, new shocks maybe, and enough little changes for 399lbs.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
If it aint broke, don't fix it. If axys follows the PRO ride chassis progression it would be...
2016 New chassis
2017 BNG
2018 Modest upgrades
2019 BNG
2020 BNG.. new chassis coming

Not sure polaris would do BNG 2 years in a row early on with a new cat chassis coming very soon and skidoo 850 putting on pressure.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I'm still waiting for a non-bike based, snow-bike. But they bought the wrong Snow-Bike kit manufacture to bring that to fruition, IMO.

Guess I'll just have to build my own, like I do my sleds.

I agree! Whatever manufacturer comes out with a purpose built single ski, 20 inch wide, 120 + HP, sub 270 pound snow machine, will corner the mountain segment market. Don't say Snowhawk! LOL

I have been sledding for a VERY long time but it is hard to believe where my 62 HP snowbike will bring me. LOVE LOVE LOVE my new 850 Doo but my snowbike is actually more fun with almost a 1/3 of the power. Crazy but true!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Scott's right, 866cc, 52.8ci. 83mm bore x 80mm stroke, oversquare. FWIW.

Premium Features