• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Track Wear

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Awesome - thanks!

Do you know the part # for clips (from Amazon- hopefully)? I would like to order them at the same time i order the tool. Also, how many will be needed for a 163" track? (I would look myself, but the new sled is not here yet) :(

Thanks . . .

Since they are sold in bags of 10, you'll need 6 bags. That will give you a few spares.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
SO . . the tool that Amazon sells works from the outside of the track... Check!

A person needs about 60 for a 163" track. . . Check!

What is the item # for the clips from Amazon?

Guide clip or regular flat ones?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Awesome - thanks!

Do you know the part # for clips (from Amazon- hopefully)? I would like to order them at the same time i order the tool. Also, how many will be needed for a 163" track? (I would look myself, but the new sled is not here yet) :(

Thanks . . .

Sorry my supplier puts their own part number on that does not match up with anything I can find. I do have 300 in stock now so either order from me or order from Polaris if you want the correct size. I had to bring 5-6 types in before I got what I was looking for.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Sorry my supplier puts their own part number on that does not match up with anything I can find. I do have 300 in stock now so either order from me or order from Polaris if you want the correct size. I had to bring 5-6 types in before I got what I was looking for.

Are they the guide clips or the flat ones?
What is the cost?
Will the WPS ones shown in the image on an earlier post work as well?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

That is the information we need since you have gone that route
guided or flat.. or every other... that would make sense.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
my 2¢...

With the Camo Lightweight clips... after crimping... make sure there are no high spots around the cutout holes... often there are and this can wear hifax prematurely... a quick "kiss" with a fine file or a sanding pad can help this out.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
my 2¢...

With the Camo Lightweight clips... after crimping... make sure there are no high spots around the cutout holes... often there are and this can wear hifax prematurely... a quick "kiss" with a fine file or a sanding pad can help this out.

Agreed!:light:
so what is suggested for the clip? Guided then.....:juggle:

S/C

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I just ordered the track clip tool, and these are the clips I ordered https://www.amazon.com/Camoplast-Fl...1850197&sr=8-2&keywords=camoplast+track+clips to do my 16 Axys Pro 155" x 2.6", I have ~500 miles on my 2nd track with a substantial amount of wear. In the description it says it replaces a Polaris part numbered clip, along with the other OEM's, and it works on almost all Camoplast tracks, which Camoplast (camso) makes all OEM's tracks, soooo I'm not aware of any other flat, unguided, non-lightweight clip on the market. Guided sounds like a good idea, but if you take a look at each and every one of these sleds, the track hugs the PTO side no matter how well you align the track, and I'm concerned the guided clips may rub on the side of the hyfax more than they need to. So no matter how you look at guided vs. unguided imo the added unguided clips will 100% fix the track wear issue end of story. The clip tool looks pretty slick since you don't have to drop the skid, but I will be anyways when I clip mine since I have to remove it to install some Raptors. Not a bad problem to have IMO :)

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I just ordered the track clip tool, and these are the clips I ordered https://www.amazon.com/Camoplast-Fl...1850197&sr=8-2&keywords=camoplast+track+clips to do my 16 Axys Pro 155" x 2.6", I have ~500 miles on my 2nd track with a substantial amount of wear. In the description it says it replaces a Polaris part numbered clip, along with the other OEM's, and it works on almost all Camoplast tracks, which Camoplast (camso) makes all OEM's tracks, soooo I'm not aware of any other flat, unguided, non-lightweight clip on the market. Guided sounds like a good idea, but if you take a look at each and every one of these sleds, the track hugs the PTO side no matter how well you align the track, and I'm concerned the guided clips may rub on the side of the hyfax more than they need to. So no matter how you look at guided vs. unguided imo the added unguided clips will 100% fix the track wear issue end of story. The clip tool looks pretty slick since you don't have to drop the skid, but I will be anyways when I clip mine since I have to remove it to install some Raptors. Not a bad problem to have IMO :)

How many did you have to order to fully clip the 155?
I have 3 155's and 2 163's to do.. the 155's are in storage but like to have on-hand when they come out in late September.

Thanks for the link-it clears it up / I have the exterior crimping tool already...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Agreed!:light:
so what is suggested for the clip? Guided then.....:juggle:

S/C

I went with the clips with the guides. If you are more worried about weight, find the flat top clips. Either should work fine. You will need 54 for a 155 or 56 for a 163. I am selling in bags of 60 for $120 CDN so you have spares.

Chris

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I went with the clips with the guides. If you are more worried about weight, find the flat top clips. Either should work fine. You will need 54 for a 155 or 56 for a 163. I am selling in bags of 60 for $120 CDN so you have spares.

Chris

My math tells me a 2.86 pitch 155 2.6 is 54 rows / 154.44" long and a 3.0 pitch 163 3" is also 54 rows / 162" long so both would need 54 clips? Don't have a track in front of me, just running numbers and that's what I come up eith.

R
Nov 29, 2007
for those that are replacing their 2.6, what do you plan on switching to? I'm trying to decide myself, I sent an email to Burandt and he says the 2.6 is a better all around track than the conquer 2.8 him being the only person I know of with time on the conquer that's really all I have to go off of.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
for those that are replacing their 2.6, what do you plan on switching to? I'm trying to decide myself, I sent an email to Burandt and he says the 2.6 is a better all around track than the conquer 2.8 him being the only person I know of with time on the conquer that's really all I have to go off of.

I recently picked up an X3 on craigslist for super cheap. Hoping it holds up better than my 2.6 as I'm missing roughly 13 lugs off of it in 1100 miles. I try not to beat it and if I see something like a log that I might "zip" over, I let off to try not to tear it up. I can't seem to find many reviews on the x3 on an axys but I'm hoping for the best. Maybe the conquer 280 will hold up great, but only time will tell.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Keep in mind that he (Burandt) is paid to say the Polaris track is the best. When one gets free stuff and/or is a "paid" factory rider, what they recommend, or say is the best . . . really means nothing. Just saaayyyin :)

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Poo has had this problem for several years now , it's finally being magnified by the alterations of the skid . For some reason they clip the windows without a lug either it be some kind of a longevity belief or legal reasoning . Just stop and ask yourself why the manufacture of these tracks for other models clip the lugged windows .

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Here's what came in the mail today with the amazon order. Haven't crimped any down but they look to fit perfectly and look identical to the ones already on my 2.6 in case anyone is getting the itch to place an order. Was the best price I found.

20160825_111637.jpg

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Here's what came in the mail today with the amazon order. Haven't crimped any down but they look to fit perfectly and look identical to the ones already on my 2.6 in case anyone is getting the itch to place an order. Was the best price I found.

Doesn't look like those have the guides on the sides . .?
Wondering what the item # is for those (with guides) as i think it might be wise to have at least a few included when i add clips to mine.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Premium Features